PDA

View Full Version : Prince Get Ups; hard to come by?

BigDubs
07-14-2011, 05:03 AM
So does anyone have some thoughts on why Prince doesn't even seem to try with their apparel line? My goodness, it's almost non-existent and what is around is super bland and poorly designed (IMO). Try a search on the bay for "mens Prince shirt" and you will get more results for big Will's Fresh Prince of Bel Air. With a brand name like "Prince" there are endless possibilities for some really cool stuff- possible crossover potential with youth and other subcultures that love logos but Prince stays on the sidelines. Heck, I dig just the plain white tees with the green Prince logo (sans rockout bullhorn symbol or whatever it is) on the chest. The rest of the gear is just lame- so what gives?

kimguroo
07-14-2011, 08:09 AM
They are strange..... Sometimes, I don't understand their marketing Plans.
I think they have much better products in Japan but never bringing it to US.
I assume that prince is much popular than any other places. Anyway, it's not company so I can't do anything about it hahaha

Av8r
07-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah Prince is definitely more popular in Japan. Just came back from Sportaka shop in Osaka and bought some Prince wristbands with the cool gel technology. They've got cool gel for caps, bandanas etc.

BigDubs
07-18-2011, 04:52 AM
They are strange..... Sometimes, I don't understand their marketing Plans.
I think they have much better products in Japan but never bringing it to US.
I assume that prince is much popular than any other places. Anyway, it's not company so I can't do anything about it hahaha

Yeah Prince is definitely more popular in Japan. Just came back from Sportaka shop in Osaka and bought some Prince wristbands with the cool gel technology. They've got cool gel for caps, bandanas etc.

Yeah, I checked the Prince Japanese website- completely different than the US with a lot more options. Why would an American company not be pushing harder in their own market? I imagine the gear is all made in Asia anyway so maybe its a cost/benefit thing. Still, it seems like a poor strategy.