PDA

View Full Version : Forten Sweet - colors

Keifers
07-14-2011, 02:54 PM
The Forten Sweet strings come in Gold, Natural and White.

Have you noticed any differences between them (e.g., feel, durability)?

Many thanks.

pvaudio
07-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I have only tried the white. Usually different colors do play differently. Gosen OGSM is a prime example: the different colors aren't even related to one another.

TripleB
07-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I've tried the gold and natural in the past...the natural plays a little more crisp than the gold, natural seemed to hold tension a little better, using it by itself I prefer natural but in a hybrid I prefer gold.

TripleB

Keifers
07-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I have only tried the white. Usually different colors do play differently. Gosen OGSM is a prime example: the different colors aren't even related to one another.

Yeah, I've found the different colors of POSG play noticeably differently (gold softer than white). That's why I wanted to ask about the Forten Sweets.

Keifers
07-14-2011, 03:20 PM
I've tried the gold and natural in the past...the natural plays a little more crisp than the gold, natural seemed to hold tension a little better, using it by itself I prefer natural but in a hybrid I prefer gold.

TripleB
Thanks. I'm looking to use it as a cross with poly mains, so maybe the gold then.

Would appreciate it if anyone else has an opinion or experience to relate.

2handsbothsides
07-14-2011, 04:20 PM
I have used both Forten Sweet white and natural extensively as a cross string. White is a bit softer and runs a little thicker than the natural in both 16 and 17 gage. Natural has a stickier outer shell and locks the mains better than the white. I have a definitely preference for the natural. Have never used gold.

Dane
07-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Anybody know why TW only carries the white in 17g reel and not the natural. I would think more people would want the natural.

diredesire
07-15-2011, 10:18 AM
I think the gold plays like it doesn't want to stretch/recoil/rebound as much as the other two. The Natural was "crisper," like the poster above mentioned. White played a tiny bit less powerful than natural, but pretty darn close. My preference was natural~=white>gold

SteveI
07-15-2011, 11:56 AM

TripleB

I am with BBB on this. The gold.. seems perfect for hybrids (crosses).. but a bit soft for a full bed or in the mains. The white and the nat play more crisp than the gold in my experience. The gold really softens up a poly main.

Regards...