PDA

View Full Version : Poly help

ace_it_96
07-14-2011, 04:02 PM
So I'm just starting to use poly's for the first time and I just ordered a set of Kirschbaum Pro Line II, Solinco Tour Bite and Tourna Big Hitter Blue Rough to test out. I was looking for a poly on the softer side and one that generates a good amount of spin and power. Did I make good choices/ are there any good strings I missed?

bfactor61
07-14-2011, 05:07 PM
very good choices. i have been using pl2 for a while and just tried some bhsr. i like it a lot better. for me, bhsr is pretty soft

ace_it_96
07-15-2011, 05:37 AM
yeah and blue i heard is even softer

fanatic32
07-16-2011, 09:14 PM
So I'm just starting to use poly's for the first time and I just ordered a set of Kirschbaum Pro Line II, Solinco Tour Bite and Tourna Big Hitter Blue Rough to test out. I was looking for a poly on the softer side and one that generates a good amount of spin and power. Did I make good choices/ are there any good strings I missed?

I have used Pro Line II and to me.. it matches your description of a softer side copoly that generates good amount of spin and power.

parasailing
07-18-2011, 09:54 AM
yeah and blue i heard is even softer

It is but tension maintenance isn't too good on this string. I haven't tried the Silver but I presume it has the same issue.

Justin-JP
07-18-2011, 10:53 AM
My pick of those three would be the Pro Line II - It's soft, spin friendly, reasonably powerful, holds tension and generally holds its poly characteristics for longer than most.

I know everyone seems to like BHB/BHBR, but I found it quite middle of the road in everything that it does - not really impressed with any one aspect of the string, and I'm sure there are far better polys out there. Personal preference of course.

I'd also recommend giving the Lux BB ACE a go.

ace_it_96
07-20-2011, 07:03 AM
My pick of those three would be the Pro Line II - It's soft, spin friendly, reasonably powerful, holds tension and generally holds its poly characteristics for longer than most.

I know everyone seems to like BHB/BHBR, but I found it quite middle of the road in everything that it does - not really impressed with any one aspect of the string, and I'm sure there are far better polys out there. Personal preference of course.

I'd also recommend giving the Lux BB ACE a go.

I think I'd try BB Ace or Adrenaline if I'm not impressed with any of the strings I ordered because lux is a little pricey