PDA

View Full Version : Best Control Oriented Multi / Poly

mkedda
07-15-2011, 06:56 AM
I have the head youtek ig speed 300. I am looking to get a durable control oriented string. Willing to take feedback for multi and poly?

What is the best control oriented poly?

What is the best control oriented multi?

What is the best control oriented syn gut?

Rabbit
07-15-2011, 07:43 AM
The two absolute best polys I've played with for control are Lux Timo and/or Pacific Poly Force Original. The Pacific is a little less expensive and holds tension better IMO.

Make sure to watch your tension on both these strings. Too high a tension and you'll definitely feel it if you have any arm issues at all.

IME, I found control was much better with a full set of either string rather than a hybrid. If you do hybrid, max control with the poly in the mains.

mikeler
07-15-2011, 08:53 AM
I have the head youtek ig speed 300. I am looking to get a durable control oriented string. Willing to take feedback for multi and poly?

What is the best control oriented poly?

What is the best control oriented multi?

What is the best control oriented syn gut?

For me Weiss Cannon Black 5 Edge for poly mains with several choices for multi crosses including Babolat Xcel, Mantis Comfort Synthetic and as of late I've been digging Dunlop Hexy Fiber. Best syn gut for me is Gamma synthetic gut.

JT_2eighty
07-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Best control multi for me is the Head RIP series, either Rip control or Intellitour.