PDA

View Full Version : TW - String Advice Appreciated...

TripleB
07-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Tennis-Warehouse,

I'm looking to string 3 Dunlop AeroGel 4D 300 racquets (I'm ordering from you) with different mains and compare them to the 4D 300 I already have strung with TurboTwist 1.24mm mains. I'm going to be using Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super 16L as my cross string.

I'm a 4.0+ baseliner who uses spin, placement, and determination to compete with my opponents. Although I use a lot of spin I also look for opportunities to flatten the ball out and put it away.

On one of the racquets I'm going with Signum Pro Tornado 17 because I've used this with the Gosen in a LM Rad MP and really liked the combo.

I'm looking for a main that plays similar to the TurboTwist with just a bit (not a lot) more crispness.

I'm looking for your advice as to what to use in the other two racquets.

Some of the strings I've been looking at are: Dunlop Black Widow 17g, Gosen Sidewinder 17g, Signum Pro Plasma HEXtreme 16L Pure, Tourna Poly Big Hitter Blue Rough, Tourna Poly Big Hitter Silver Rough...but I'm open to any suggestions you might have in a 1.20-1.25 poly.

Cyclone 17 is out of stock so I'm going to try it at a later time, I thought about WeissCannon Mosquito Bite was a bit concerned about the durability with the 1.16mm width, and I've got some WC Black 5 Edge I might try in the future.

So in your opinion what strings do you feel might give me what I'm looking for in a new main string?

Thank you for your help.

TripleB

TW Staff
07-18-2011, 10:32 AM
I personally like the Signum Pro Plasma HEXtreme and the Big Hitter Blue. They are on the softer side for polyester strings and provide some nice ball pocketing.

I felt the Black Widow was too stiff and haven't tried the Sidewiner or the Tourna Poly Big Hitter Silver.

Of all the strings you've mentioned, my favorite is the Mosquito Bite. Although it is very thin gauged, I thought it held up very well. I know Spencer really enjoyed that string as well.

Jason, TW