PDA

View Full Version : Wow, huge difference between the Vapor 8 and the 3.3

heat010
07-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Last night was the first time on the court with the red/white Vapor 8's. This is after wearing the 2.3's all of last year and transitioning over to 2 pairs of the 3.3's.

I was frankly shocked at the difference between the Vapor 8's and the 3.3's. Although stiff, the 3.3's gave me a very locked in confidence with my foot and the shoe. Super quick cuts were responsive. I was able to do a tiny bit of sliding when necessary without hesitation,and the cushioning was rock solid. With the outrigger off the side of the forefoot, lateral stability is great.

The Vapor 8's on the other hand is like being in those 70's type of cushy cars that don't quite handle as tightly. Although my foot is a bit narrow, I really had to cinch them up to get any kind of locked in feel. Pushing off and coming down on them felt very slow. Almost marshmallow like. I could feel my foot drop down and slowly come back in them. Snap back took time. It was very strange after the tight responsiveness of the 2.3's and 3.3's.

Hey at least I tried a pair. I'll stick to my courtballistecs. Just thought I would share if people were interested in both models.

nicolaisidek
07-15-2011, 08:58 PM
I always prefer the Vapors over the Ballistecs. I have them both and I do agree with you to some extents. The vapor provides are more comfortable ride compared to the Bs. The Bs are just so tough to work with (my pinky toes always hurt after using them) but they're damn stable, that's for sure.

The vapors, they feel considerably lighter which is what I aim for and they're definitely more comfortable if used in rotation.

Roddick85
07-16-2011, 05:28 AM
I have both as well, but I prefer the 3.3 for playing games. I find there's much more support and stability for the ankle than the Vapor 8. After suffering from 2 sprained ankles earlier this year, i'm willing to sacrifice comfort for stability