PDA

View Full Version : Is the Kfactor 90 the same as the BLX 90?

gold soundz
07-15-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi. I've been playing with the Kfactor 90 inch for a couple of years or so now, and it's perfect for me. I need a backup racket for when I break a string, and Tennis Warehouse don't seem to stock them anymore so the BLX 90 is the obvious alternative. Is it the same racket with a different pj? If there are minor differences, what exactly are these?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks.

hisrob777
07-15-2011, 07:50 PM
I don't know the differences but you could probably buy a another K90 on the classified forum.

roundiesee
07-15-2011, 07:50 PM
I think the general consensus is that the BLX90 is "softer" and has a more "muted" feel cf the K90. I wouldn't rush to buy the BLX without first demoing; many people who like the K90 have not shown the same enthusiasm with the BLX after trying it. I suggest looking at the "for sale" section here or The Bay. Good Luck! :)

gold soundz
07-15-2011, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys for the help/responses.

edman9898
07-15-2011, 07:59 PM
I think the general consensus is that the BLX90 is "softer" and has a more "muted" feel cf the K90. I wouldn't rush to buy the BLX without first demoing; many people who like the K90 have not shown the same enthusiasm with the BLX after trying it. I suggest looking at the "for sale" section here or The Bay. Good Luck! :)

You hit the nail on the head! All depends on what kind of feel you prefer. I think the K90 might be a tad more powerful as well.

UCSF2012
07-15-2011, 08:01 PM
BLX is a bit less stiff, and the weight distribution is very slightly different...some mass removed from the head to make it more manuverable (I think).

The feel is completely different from any racket in history, because it's dampened. There's a chance you'll hate it, at least initially. After a month, you'll realize it's not that bad. That's assuming you give it a month. It plays really well, but it just feels funky at first.

gold soundz
07-15-2011, 08:22 PM
BLX is a bit less stiff, and the weight distribution is very slightly different...some mass removed from the head to make it more manuverable (I think).

The feel is completely different from any racket in history, because it's dampened. There's a chance you'll hate it, at least initially. After a month, you'll realize it's not that bad. That's assuming you give it a month. It plays really well, but it just feels funky at first.

I like the Kfactor's stiffness. I usually hit relaxed and loose, but sometimes I like to take huge swings and hit big flat shots with a very open racquet face (using an eastern grip). I've found you can't really do this with other trampoliney racquets.

stronzzi70
07-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Blx 90 easiest to play: Soft, lighter.
K 90 stiffer.......elbow paim sometimes.