PDA

View Full Version : Nike Dri-fit Medium

calvintang98
07-16-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm 5'10", 180lbs medium built and I just bought a bunch of medium size nike dri-fits, one of which is this one --> http://www.tenniswarehouse.com/Nike/nikedescpage.html?pcode=NMRTMT

It fits fine overall except for the fact that it's just way too long, it's 3-4 inches below my waist.. anyone have this problem? Will they shrink? The medium dri fits that Nike used to have was the one with a small tennis court in the middle, those fit perfect... what happened?

anhuynh16
07-16-2011, 01:25 PM
are you a houstonian. they will shrink over time, but not to much

carlosp
07-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Wait for the first wash ;(

My next RF t-shirt (Body: 58% Cotton (10% organic), 42% Polyester plated jersey. Rib: 100% Cotton (10% organic) will be size L.

I have the blue one of this http://www.tenniswarehouse.com/Nike/nikedescpage.html?pcode=NMRFTCR
and hoping this one stays the same size after the first wash.

tennisoh
07-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Unless it is 100% cotton shrinking won't happen. Which is why I always try to buy blends because I don't like guessing what will happen after the first wash.

As for being longer, I think it is a tennis shirt thing. I know Nadal shirts are longer a lot of times, and personally I prefer them that way. All the arm movements would be showing off the stomach area half the match if it was short. Unless you are absolutely ripped and tanned this is not the best look for us guys.

macs971
07-17-2011, 02:11 PM
yes. this shirt will NEVER shrink

Torres
07-17-2011, 02:21 PM
It's not going to shorten 3-4cm no matter how many times you wash it.

Your only solution is to go to a tailor / dress maker / seamstress and just ask them to cut 2-3cm off the length and machine sew the hem (my mother was a dress maker).

You can do it yourself but you will probably make a hash of it so get someone skilled to do it if you want a professional finish.

benxten
07-21-2011, 09:10 AM
I had this exact problem plus the sleeves were too big. Looking around i found the nike pro core drifit shirts which have a fitted cut were great. Material also feels very nice.

Aeropax
07-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Nike's tennis shirts seem to be designed with people at 6'0-6'2 in mind length wise.

I think it's because Nadal and Federer are 6'1.

I'm 6'1 and I find the length to be perfect.