PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Its time to change

RNBABOLAT
07-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi I need help looking for a new racquet, I got a pure storm gt in stock for and always strung at 62 but Its not the same I dont get control like 6 months ago and I want to know if its time to change for a more control oriented and what racquet I should get I hit flat in both wings and always in the baseline like to hit hardthe ball im a 4.5 player but goes to the net sometimes and I would li:oops:ke a racquet between 11.7 and 11.9 onz thanks for the help because I cant demo racquet

Migelowsky
07-16-2011, 05:43 PM
11.9 oz
95 sq in
20 mm straight beam
stiffness 62

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Aerogel_4D_200_2Hundred/descpageRCDUNLOP-D4D2.html

But, why just 6 months? I seems to me you just want to buy another new toy

RNBABOLAT
07-16-2011, 06:09 PM
What about the prestige mp or the pure stormltd gt
I got the racquet like for a year and half but lately dont get the control that I have before

esgee48
07-16-2011, 06:11 PM
6 months and you, as a rated 4.5, have not re-strung your racquet? The Pure Storm GT is a control oriented racquet. I suspect you just need to restring your racquet. Depending on what was initially put on the frame, the tension right now is probably in the low 50's or high 40's.

If you have been restringing, then go for something from the HEAD Radical or Prestige lines. Or restring with a deader string before buying a new racquet.

RNBABOLAT
07-16-2011, 06:24 PM
The last time I strung with the rpm at 52 and hated because it dont have control now I strung it with spiky shark and I get more control but is hard for me keep the ball in the court with exellent technique the ball goes far I even have lessons because of that and nothing so my coach tell methat I need more control

parasailing
07-16-2011, 06:27 PM
If you are a rater 4.5 player, the strings should break pretty quickly unless you don't play often. I know 4.5 player that I hit with that breaks his poly strings in about 3 hours of rallying.

But back to topic, yeah strings don't last that long without going dead or losing so much tension, you got to restring them. THE PSGT only downside is the stability and like the other poster mention, should consider the PSLGT if you can generate your own power or even the PSTGT which is what I use and that has quite a good amount of power and control.

RNBABOLAT
07-16-2011, 06:44 PM
I break the revenge in four days and the others in two days three hours aday

KenC
07-16-2011, 10:01 PM
From the Pure Storm GT you could try the Pure Storm Tour GT, which plays very differently from the regular Pure Storm racquet. If you want to make the jump into the ultimate of control then try the Pure Storm LTD GT.

If you think about the relationship between power and control, they are diametrically opposed. The PSLGT is pure control and minimal power from the racquet's perspective. You have to supply power. I use the PSLGT and find that the best way to add power to your shots is to use good form and step into your shots. Once that happens then drop the tension as low as you can without sacrificing control. I currently string at 50lbs, which seems to give me a boost in power without affecting the control.