PDA

View Full Version : Speed Pro vs MG Radical

AceServer
07-16-2011, 08:03 PM
I am undecided on which to buy, and I need some pros and cons.

I thought of these:

MG +:Feel, control, aesthetics
MG -:Weight, 18x20, Almost EB

SP +: Feel, Weight, 16x 19
SP -: Price, what strings to use, power

If you could post any information that would be appreciated.

Irony Zealot
07-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Why is price a minus for the Speed Pro? TW is selling both at the same price.

The Radical is a softer frame. The Speed Pro is a stiffer, heavier frame, so it should be more powerful than the Radical, but you have power as a minus?

You can modify the Radical to fix weight and balances, but you'll end up spending more money than the Speed Pro.

Maybe if you tell us your playstyle, we could tell you which would fit your game better?

FedExpress 333
07-16-2011, 10:18 PM
I have the MG raqd, and i have to say it gets good spin. I think it might be due to the flex, but the 18x 20 isnt goin to hurt in terms of spin. And there is always lead tape for the weight.

AceServer
07-17-2011, 06:34 AM
I am an all court player, I prefer to move my opponents a lot, and come to the net for a finish if given the chance. I need mostly control, but spin is as crucial. IZ, I get my racquets from other places, and the radical is cheaper than the speed by 25 dollars. I listed power as a minus because I don't need too much.

HEADfamilydynasty
07-17-2011, 10:55 AM
the SP is not horribly (to me) in fact i think it plays just a bit flexier than it spec. it has alot of vibration if you hit off-center but if you constant hit the sweetspot your OK. if this is problem just put in the vide damp they send with the racket. its a spin machine if contact out in front and is very powerful for a players frame but just low powered enough for the spin to take the ball down. :neutral:

OldButGame
07-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Haven't played the SP,...but IMO the MG Radical is fantastic for control,...You can put that ball on a dime without a problem!!!... :)

Hankenstein
07-18-2011, 12:19 AM
I have used both these frames in matches and i like the SP more then the MGR. The SP is really stiff, solid with good plowthrough, fantastic spinpotential and good power. Downsides are that the feel is not top-notch and strings break extremely fast. For example, Signum Pro Tornado 1,23 mm breaks after 45-70 minutes of play (on clay) and Kirschbaum Pro Line II 1,20 mm after about 90 minutes of play. In my MG Radicals it lasted atleast 5 hours each.

MG Radical, well, in stock form itīs to light for my taste. When i used it i changed to a more Square TK82S pallet, grip enlarger for more weight in the handle + 10 grams of lead at 3 and 9. That made the MGR play much more solid and with good power level.

I was very happy with my MGR and it was just my racketoholism that made me buy 6 youtek speed proīs and they are like custom made for my game!