PDA

View Full Version : String recommendations for Prince O3 white

deco0028
07-16-2011, 09:29 PM
Hi
Any recommendations on strings for Prince O3(original) white for spin and comfort? Currently have the soft rubber grommets at the throat, but will switch to the hard nylon grommets. Have WC Silverstring at present at 51/53 lbs, and has a somewhat stiff feel, which is surprising given the soft grommets and lowish tension.
Thanks

tata
07-17-2011, 01:01 AM
I had it as my main racquet a year or two ago. I mainly used full poly but found serving to be a problem on the arm - but not on groundies. I would used to feel some weird sensation/strain in my forearm after my follow through.Then i tried a cheap hybrid at mid tension with pro hurricane as mains and prince duraflex as crosses. The first reaction was for some odd reason a BIG increase in power. I'm talking just from an underarm serve to start a rally it was like WOAH massive trampoline but it allowed me to whip up relentently on the ball and still know it will make it over the net.

Then i approached the guys here for a soft poly and they told me to get (i think) pro supex big ace? I strung a full bed at like 59lbs which was too stiff so i had to hit some balls before it dropped a bit. Then i remember ripping the hell outa the ball.

Wait and see what others will say. The white is now my back up racquet strung with babolat super fine play. Im using the exo3 tour now which is actually more easier to swing IMO.

deco0028
07-17-2011, 10:10 AM
I had it as my main racquet a year or two ago. I mainly used full poly but found serving to be a problem on the arm - but not on groundies. I would used to feel some weird sensation/strain in my forearm after my follow through.Then i tried a cheap hybrid at mid tension with pro hurricane as mains and prince duraflex as crosses. The first reaction was for some odd reason a BIG increase in power. I'm talking just from an underarm serve to start a rally it was like WOAH massive trampoline but it allowed me to whip up relentently on the ball and still know it will make it over the net.

Then i approached the guys here for a soft poly and they told me to get (i think) pro supex big ace? I strung a full bed at like 59lbs which was too stiff so i had to hit some balls before it dropped a bit. Then i remember ripping the hell outa the ball.

Wait and see what others will say. The white is now my back up racquet strung with babolat super fine play. Im using the exo3 tour now which is actually more easier to swing IMO.

Thanks for your advice. Cheers.

El Diablo
07-18-2011, 03:01 PM
I've used Silverstring in it, prefer the Beast XP 16 I have in there now. The SS did feel a bit crisp in it, Beast at 58 lbs. plays great.

deco0028
07-19-2011, 09:48 PM
I've used Silverstring in it, prefer the Beast XP 16 I have in there now. The SS did feel a bit crisp in it, Beast at 58 lbs. plays great.

Thanks for that.