PDA

View Full Version : Big Hitter Rough - Blue vs Silver?

TripleB
07-17-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm looking to pair either the Big Hitter Blue Rough or the Big Hitter Silver Rough mains with Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super 16L crosses in my 4D 300 (tension: m54/x56 pounds).

I'm looking for a combo that plays similar my WeissCannon TurboTwist / Forten Syn Gut Sweet 16g setup...but with a slightly more crisp feel, more control, and maybe even a bit more spin.

So, of the two strings, which do you think will offer me the extra control I'm looking for without giving up all the feel I like with my current set up?

Thanks for any input.

TripleB

Torres
07-17-2011, 08:53 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Att.tennis-warehouse.com+big+hitter+silver+rough

Tennis Is Magic
07-17-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm looking to pair either the Big Hitter Blue Rough or the Big Hitter Silver Rough mains with Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super 16L crosses in my 4D 300 (tension: m54/x56 pounds).

I'm looking for a combo that plays similar my WeissCannon TurboTwist / Forten Syn Gut Sweet 16g setup...but with a slightly more crisp feel, more control, and maybe even a bit more spin.

So, of the two strings, which do you think will offer me the extra control I'm looking for without giving up all the feel I like with my current set up?

Thanks for any input.

TripleB

BHBR probably will. BHBR has great tension maintenance, and BHS has some of the worst I've ever seen. It goes from being a board to a rocket launcher in about an hour for me, and it's impossible to miss. For a consistent string bed, BHBR is recommended. Beware, string this higher than most polys, as it's VERY powerful and soft.

Torres
07-17-2011, 09:37 AM
It goes from being a board to a rocket launcher in about an hour for me

You harped on about this in the other thread - getting confused between BHSR, BHS, then not even being sure if you've even played with BHSR, then talking about BHS again.

If you think BHSR turns from a board into a rocket launcher in the space of an hour, your comments are a load of exaggerated, woefully inaccurate, nonsense.

smirker
07-17-2011, 10:13 AM

Lol, I like your style.

Tennis Is Magic
07-17-2011, 10:28 AM
You harped on about this in the other thread - getting confused between BHSR, BHS, then not even being sure if you've even played with BHSR, then talking about BHS again.

If you think BHSR turns from a board into a rocket launcher in the space of an hour, your comments are a load of exaggerated, woefully inaccurate, nonsense.

I never claimed I played with BHSR, but I have played with BHS, and I measured 7 pounds of tension loss in an hour with the tension meter provided to me by the same company that makes BHS, by far more than any other string I've ever used (hell, that's more tension loss than some strings lose before I cut them out or break them). You're telling me BHSR is such a drastically different string that it's tension doesn't fall off a cliff when you use it? I know there is a difference between round and rough strings, but unless they changed the actual materials they used, I don't think tension loss is going to be only characteristic of the round string.

TripleB
07-17-2011, 11:03 AM

Maybe that was the problem when I did my search here at T-W...I just searched 'Blue Silver' in titles thinking somebody may have already asked for a comparison of the two.

Thanks.

TripleB

Torres
07-17-2011, 11:04 AM
You're telling me BHSR is such a drastically different string that it's tension doesn't fall off a cliff when you use it?

That's exactly what I'm telling you. It's nonsense to suggest that the tension of BHSR 'falls off a cliff' and 'turns into a trampoline' after 1 hour of hitting. Absolute nonsense.

Tennis Is Magic
07-17-2011, 11:08 AM
That's exactly what I'm telling you. It's nonsense to suggest that the tension of BHSR 'falls off a cliff' and 'turns into a trampoline' after 1 hour of hitting. Absolute nonsense.

So you agree, Big Hitter Silver (round version) DOES have poor tension maintenance?

Torres
07-17-2011, 11:40 AM
So you agree, Big Hitter Silver (round version) DOES have poor tension maintenance?

This thread is about BHSR. Silver ROUGH. Stop speculating about a string which you've never played with.

BHSR does feel a bit stiff initially and feels better when its 'broken in' with some initial hitting (something which doesn't affect BHBR), but for the umpteenth time, BHSR does not turn into a trampoline after 1 hour of hitting.

MuscleWeave
07-17-2011, 11:52 AM

Thanks for any input.

TripleB

I think if you switch out Forten Sweet for OGSM Super that will greatly change the nature of your hybrid, even if you kept the Turbo Twist. I don't see any method to what you're doing. It's best to change out one variable at a time. I suggest you use the OGSMS cross and use the silver if you want it more crisp and the blue if you want it more muted. Either way, it may not be as similar to the TT/Sweet hybrid you've been using. Another good setup would be BHSR/Sweet, but it would be different from the TT hybrid.

Tennis Is Magic
07-17-2011, 03:54 PM
This thread is about BHSR. Silver ROUGH. Stop speculating about a string which you've never played with.

BHSR does feel a bit stiff initially and feels better when its 'broken in' with some initial hitting (something which doesn't affect BHBR), but for the umpteenth time, BHSR does not turn into a trampoline after 1 hour of hitting.

Stop avoiding answering my question? Don't have to be a rocket scientist to say yes or no.

TripleB
07-17-2011, 06:26 PM
I think if you switch out Forten Sweet for OGSM Super that will greatly change the nature of your hybrid, even if you kept the Turbo Twist. I don't see any method to what you're doing. It's best to change out one variable at a time.

I agree. The one racquet I currently have is the TT with the Forten. I had the Forten put in when I ordered the racquet because that's what I used in my Ozone Tour. I'm ordering three more 4D 300 racquets and am moving to the Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super 16L crosses in order to increase the crispness feel.

Once I try the three racquets with the Gosen cross, if I don't find anything that just stands out, I'll try each with a Forten Sweet cross.

TripleB

pvaudio
07-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Stop avoiding answering my question? Don't have to be a rocket scientist to say yes or no.
Do you just need to be right? Your comments are 100% irrelevant. But if so, then yes, you're right.

I've never played BHS.

Tennis Is Magic
07-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Do you just need to be right? Your comments are 100% irrelevant. But if so, then yes, you're right.

I've never played BHS.

I had a legitimate point, but oh well.