PDA

View Full Version : What hybrids well with luxilon ace 18

chopstic
07-17-2011, 11:21 AM
I recently tried out a full bed of luxilon ace 18 @ 55lbs and found it very satisfying, incredible spin (especially coming from a multi setup before) but I would rather not push the limits of my arm with a full poly setup, I dont want to end up with shoulder or elbow problems in the future. Any suggestions on a hybrid setup?

kiteboard
07-17-2011, 12:58 PM
nrg2 crosses.

Doubles
07-17-2011, 01:07 PM
I prefer using Ace in with crosses with Natural Gut mains, but it your using Ace as a main, I would agree with Kiteboard. NRG2 is a good multi...

azn_lefty_roddick_jr
07-17-2011, 04:13 PM
A client of mine likes hybriding his BB Ace with Prince Synthetic Gut w/ Duraflex 1.17, and has been using the set up for over a year, so maybe you could try that if you don't break strings often. I believe with a thinner gauge, the hybrid won't be too harsh on your arm.

Rabbit
07-17-2011, 04:34 PM
nrg2 crosses.

I prefer using Ace in with crosses with Natural Gut mains, but it your using Ace as a main, I would agree with Kiteboard. NRG2 is a good multi...

+2 on this recommendation. I'm using NRG 17 at present and the combination feels sublime. You can lose alot of tension as evidenced by my 48/50 on a 100 square inch frame and it still feels great. This setup is really nice in terms of pocketing, control, and feel. Highly recommended.

(note: strung with a Wise tension head in CP mode, adjust your tension as necessary)

kiteboard
07-17-2011, 05:18 PM
Listen to this guy. I have also used vs team with ace 18g lux, and ash. kev., and msv hex, and duralast, and global gut, and syn gut, etc. It is great for drop shots, topspin shots, kick serves, and topspin lobs. Doesn't last long, and tens. loss is high.