PDA

View Full Version : Prince racquets acquired feel?

Kaz00
07-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I think some of the Prince racquets look awesome tbh and also I think they have an acquired feel, kinda like beer is an acquired taste. I played with one Prince before (i think it was called the hornet midplus) and thought it was terrible never again did I want to wield a Prince. A Prince racquet that has caught my attention though is the EXO3 Ignite, and also the EXO3 Tour (16X18 ). How would these sticks compare to the PSTGT?

jk175d
07-18-2011, 06:20 AM
I think some of the Prince racquets look awesome tbh and also I think they have an acquired feel, kinda like beer is an acquired taste. I played with one Prince before (i think it was called the hornet midplus) and thought it was terrible never again did I want to wield a Prince. A Prince racquet that has caught my attention though is the EXO3 Ignite, and also the EXO3 Tour (16X18 ). How would these sticks compare to the PSTGT?

I switched to the EXO3 Tour recently. I love the frame. When first demoing it even though I could tell I hit great with it the feel was a little unusual in that it was so muted. Now it just feels super solid and comfortable to me. IMO if you have a reasonably fast swing this stick plays best with a hybrid of low tension (upper 40's-51) poly mains and syn-guy crosses around 54-56.

You might find it heavy coming from Pure Storm Team though.

jjs891
07-18-2011, 06:57 AM
I think op plays with Pure Storm Tour so it wouldn't be too heavy for him at all.

Hidious
07-18-2011, 01:17 PM
I will never hit with a Prince that has rubber grommet inserts again. The feel is disgusting, worst than i could ever imagine.

TheBoom
07-18-2011, 01:44 PM
I have the exo3 ignite and have tried the pstgt and the ignite doesn't have as much of the pocketing feel as other princes do.
Ignite pro's-
plowthrough (through the roof)
lots of spin
just enough power
just enough of a sweetspot
comfort

the pstgt has a bigger sweetspot and spin but the plowthrough and comfort go to the ignite