PDA

View Full Version : Which racket should I get?

rafabull
07-17-2011, 05:56 PM
I know this is a hard question to answer. I have a powerful game and a good flat first serve and a high spin second.I have a two handed backhand that needs some work and I would say that is my weakness. I like to hit flat forehands to take advantage of the point. I currently use the Babolat Aeropro Drive Cortex but I've decided that I want a racket with more control as my game is evolving. I'm used to hitting quite hard so I would like a racket with a little less power so my shots don't sail long as often. I want a nice maneuverable racket around the 10.5-11.5 weight with good control and a 98-100 sq. inches headsize. I don't want a straight out answer exactly, just a few rackets that I can take out for a demo. Thanks :)

nadalex
07-17-2011, 05:57 PM
same evolution as myself i went with the dunlop 4d 300 tour and im never looking back some good choices are the 300 tour the pure storm the prestige or radical mp

rafabull
07-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Forgot to mention, I want a racket that is fairly similar to the APD just a bit more stable and control oriented.

rafabull
07-17-2011, 06:00 PM
same evolution as myself i went with the dunlop 4d 300 tour and im never looking back some good choices are the 300 tour the pure storm the prestige or radical mp

I'm thinking about the 300. I've actually demoed the pure storm GT extensively and found that it's quite difficult for me to hit good backhand :(

couch
07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Forgot to mention, I want a racket that is fairly similar to the APD just a bit more stable and control oriented.

Never mind.

luv2shred
07-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Try out the Pure Storm Tour GT and Pure Drive Roddick GT.

flashfire276
07-17-2011, 06:39 PM

Aero Storm?
I mean... It is the bridge between the APD and Pure Storm. So it should meet your criteria.

TheOneHander
07-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Aero Storm?
I mean... It is the bridge between the APD and Pure Storm. So it should meet your criteria.

+1

After demoing the APD and the Aero Storm, I found that the Storm was more to my preferences. The Storm has loads of stability for such a light frame (the standout attribute of this frame IMO), and it has much more control than the APD. That being said, it gives a bit of pop, but not too much that it reduces control. I also found pretty good spin potential.

I'd also consider the YTRMP, just because, and the BLX Blade 98. The latter was a fun playtest for me and I almost ended up switching-the Aero Storm just felt more stable.

rafabull
07-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys. I'm going to demo the radical MP, aero storm, BLX Blade 98, Pure Drive family, and the prestige MP over the next couple of weeks. If you have any more suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. :)

TheOneHander
07-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys. I'm going to demo the radical MP, aero storm, BLX Blade 98, Pure Drive family, and the prestige MP over the next couple of weeks. If you have any more suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. :)

Forgot to talk about my other two favorites, the PDRGT+ and the YTPM. I know the Roddick is out of your weight specifications and the Prestige is out of head size and weight, but hear me out.

The PDRGT works wonders for me. The extra reach really lets me get on top of my shots and rip them. The extra reach is great for defense, and the power is more tame-able than the APD. If you don't end up liking it, try the PDGT+. The extra reach is something else.

As for the Prestige, it's well worth a demo. It feels bigger than the headsize listed, and control is top notch. You can hit out as hard as possible on any of your shots while still having the utmost control, and pinpoint accuracy is there on serves. If you don't like the MP, try the Mid-good luck!

adamX012
07-17-2011, 07:38 PM
previous college team used Pure Drive Roddick GT. take it.

rafabull
07-17-2011, 07:42 PM
Forgot to talk about my other two favorites, the PDRGT+ and the YTPM. I know the Roddick is out of your weight specifications and the Prestige is out of head size and weight, but hear me out.

The PDRGT works wonders for me. The extra reach really lets me get on top of my shots and rip them. The extra reach is great for defense, and the power is more tame-able than the APD. If you don't end up liking it, try the PDGT+. The extra reach is something else.

As for the Prestige, it's well worth a demo. It feels bigger than the headsize listed, and control is top notch. You can hit out as hard as possible on any of your shots while still having the utmost control, and pinpoint accuracy is there on serves. If you don't like the MP, try the Mid-good luck!

Thanks alot! I'll make sure to squeeze those rackets in for a demo. I'm not gonna cross anything off the radar :)