PDA

View Full Version : EXo3 Tour 18x20 Ports: Black?

TimothyO
07-17-2011, 06:24 PM
After repeated demos I'm on the verge of buying an EXO3 Tour 18x20. I HATE the 70s style colors. The metallic orange reminds of tacky sports cars and appliances from the period. Even though I was just a kid back then burnt orange and avocado green still give me the creeps! :)

I will be painting the frame before stringing even if only flat black. The O ports are metallic orange. Based on a detailed TT thread about painting frames you're supposed to remove the grommits. But I can't find black O ports for the EXO3.

Are there any O ports in black that will fit this frame? If not I'll need to paint these black, not sure how well that will work.

Centryx
07-17-2011, 06:40 PM
i have also thought about this since the ports are silver once the orange rubs away, I wonder what would be the best way to remove the paint altogether since the ports feel cheap and plasticy

TimothyO
07-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Centryx,

Thanks for the additional info. It looked like the plastic was silver and just painted orange due to minor nicks on the demo but I wasn't sure. Looks like I should remove the orange paint as best I can.

Centryx
07-18-2011, 06:55 AM
let me know how this goes and what you are using to remove the orange paint