PDA

View Full Version : Prince Graphite Longbody

TigerTennis
07-02-2005, 11:01 AM
I am looking at switching racquets and am considering this one. Has anyone played with this racquet that could tell me a little bit about it. I need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance.

bossass
07-02-2005, 11:42 AM
I am looking at switching racquets and am considering this one. Has anyone played with this racquet that could tell me a little bit about it. I need all the help I can get. Thanks in advance.

I used to play with these (Prince Precision 690) in high school. I got them after using the standard length version (Prince Graphite 640) for a while, back when Longbody was all the rage. I also got into these racquets after trying the original graphite and really liking it.

Anyway, I found they serve really well, which isn't a surprise. I did like the standard length better for ground strokes and volleys, however. But, I have never had a strong upper body (I have rarely lifted weights on a regular basis), so I think if I was in better shape and could manuver the longbodies around more, i would like them better. And it's not that I don't like them. I've been using them for the last 7 years. I really like how damp they are and how good they feel (like orig. graphites). Of all the later generation Graphites, I like this one best, over the Chang models.

Incidentally, I have two of the 690s I'm willing to sell if you are interested.

dennis1188
07-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I like the POG LB, better for serves, the POG OS, better for groundstrokes ( i change rackets between serve and return).
IMO, the POG LB even at 4 1/2, with additional lead weight seems abit too light for returning heavy serves. The POG LB is also, much more flexible than the POG OS. Both feel great i.e. racket 'feedback'. Prince syn. 16g @ 65lbs (LB), 72lbs (OS).

maratonman
07-03-2005, 08:49 AM
I like the POG LB, better for serves, the POG OS, better for groundstrokes ( i change rackets between serve and return).
IMO, the POG LB even at 4 1/2, with additional lead weight seems abit too light for returning heavy serves. The POG LB is also, much more flexible than the POG OS. Both feel great i.e. racket 'feedback'. Prince syn. 16g @ 65lbs (LB), 72lbs (OS).

Dennis your reply have make me very curious. I have both of these rackets and at the moment Im findind the POGLB (love at first sight) better in groundstrokes, serve, easier for the spin and also I can produce better angle crosscourts with more control and heavy ball. Regarding the POGOS (a more demanding version of the POGLB) it is by far a more complete racket with better overall control, better at the net, arm safety, and its have an ingredient unique "Its a magical stick" , you can produce incredible shots with these stick. It is like the margin of errors are highly reduced, but on the other sided for me that hit with extreme western grip it is quite difficult to produce a great amount of pace with these racket. I have to really concentrated so much and produce great great acceleration. if not my balls tend to stay short something I dont have to do with the POGLB. Any advice from you or personal experience just let me know. By the way I play exclusively on Hartru (which one will u recommend for these kind of courts?). Thanks (sorry for any mistake on my spelling, Im not a native american)

Z-Man
07-04-2005, 03:31 PM
I love my POG LBs. Great for 4.0+ baseliners, especially on clay.

dennis1188
07-04-2005, 11:52 PM
mara-my POG OS is modified to approx. 13oz wt. also, the 4 3/8 grip is enlarged w/ a addition syn. grip over the original leather. I need the larger size grip to handle the extra wt. The POG LB is modified to approx. 12.2 oz..The 13oz wt. POGOS i can hit and return w/ very heavy topspin hitters. I agree the POG LB seems less accurate on grd strokes , but lots of fun for 'whipping' in kick serves and topspin grd strokes but not as much pace even w/ the additional wt as a POG OS.
The POG OS is my current 'benchmark' racket . I can always tell the 'fitness' of my strokes with that racket, it does not 'cover-up' for any lapse in the technique. cheers.

nwidiyantoro
09-08-2005, 06:17 PM
I used to play with these (Prince Precision 690) in high school. I got them after using the standard length version (Prince Graphite 640) for a while, back when Longbody was all the rage. I also got into these racquets after trying the original graphite and really liking it.

Anyway, I found they serve really well, which isn't a surprise. I did like the standard length better for ground strokes and volleys, however. But, I have never had a strong upper body (I have rarely lifted weights on a regular basis), so I think if I was in better shape and could manuver the longbodies around more, i would like them better. And it's not that I don't like them. I've been using them for the last 7 years. I really like how damp they are and how good they feel (like orig. graphites). Of all the later generation Graphites, I like this one best, over the Chang models.

Hi,
Yesterday I just saw those Prince 690-longbody in local store, and they selling it at bargain price (USD 45). Just wonder, is that racquet good maybe compared to Prince Michael Chang Graphite long-body or POG long body ? And currently I'm thinking to get those racquet.

Thanks

atatu
09-08-2005, 06:43 PM
45 USD ??? Adhu Adhu Adhu Adhu mana tahan !!

nwidiyantoro
09-11-2005, 11:11 PM
45 USD ??? Adhu Adhu Adhu Adhu mana tahan !!

Yes Atatu,
I could not believe it my self, how such good racquet sold at those price. :o

AndrewD
09-12-2005, 01:09 AM
TigerTennis,

If you do a search you'll find that the POG longbody has been discussed at length many, many times on this forum. If you can't find it , have a look through the archives. Im sure you'll find more than enough info there. Good luck.

diredesire
09-12-2005, 01:56 AM
Hi,
Yesterday I just saw those Prince 690-longbody in local store, and they selling it at bargain price (USD 45). Just wonder, is that racquet good maybe compared to Prince Michael Chang Graphite long-body or POG long body ? And currently I'm thinking to get those racquet.

Thanks

IIRC the 690 was very similar to the MCG LB, just had a denser string pattern. 45 is not a bad price for them, seeing as they are long gone. IMO the major flaw was the weird string pattern of the MCG (14x18, but pretty dense in the center of the frame)
a 16x20 would give a more consistent feel i think.

diredesire
09-12-2005, 01:57 AM

What condition are they in, and how much are you asking?
If the price is obscenely low i'd have to make the trip and pick them up ;D