PDA

View Full Version : Old Paint-job Pure Drive +

bossass
07-02-2005, 11:49 AM
So, I bought a couple well used Pure Drive +'s from a college player for $50 total. I thought it was a pretty good deal, especially since I'm loving the racquet. I realized they are the older ones with the old paintjob (looks similar, but has some lightning bolt thin lines on the neck).

Anyway, I'm just getting back into tennis after about 7 years, so I'm not current on the new gear. My question is: What, if any, are the differences between my PD+ and the current model (aside from the PJ)?

Thanks.

@ce
07-02-2005, 12:02 PM
From speaking with the Babolat rep, there is really no difference other than the paint job.

raven5288
07-02-2005, 12:52 PM
the new paintjobs look a ton better though, but whatever.

DANMAN
07-02-2005, 12:54 PM
I have 5 PD+s and two have the new cosmetics and three have the old ones. I have found no difference in any of the rackets. I believe the new cosmetics were brought out to make Babolat more visible on tv. The words Babolat are printed much larger and the two white stripes on the side are bigger on the new cosmetics than they are on the old ones.

Cruzer
07-02-2005, 05:56 PM
I started playing with the PD+ six years ago (older graphics) and added a couple of new graphic models when they came out and found no difference in their playing characteristics.