PDA

View Full Version : vs touch 15L spin/power

seb23
07-18-2011, 04:31 PM
if i used vs touch 15L(mains) in a 18x20 string patters (prestigue mid plus) would i still get a lot more spin/power than with my usual setup which is poly mains and syn crosses.

I tend to like thinner strings as i get a lot more bite in the dense string pattern but wanted to try natural guy but need it to be durable

would this still be worth it?

Maroon_Tenniskid
07-18-2011, 05:10 PM
if i used vs touch 15L(mains) in a 18x20 string patters (prestigue mid plus) would i still get a lot more spin/power than with my usual setup which is poly mains and syn crosses.

I tend to like thinner strings as i get a lot more bite in the dense string pattern but wanted to try natural guy but need it to be durable

would this still be worth it?

I don't use a dense string pattern (16x19 IG Speed MP) but I switched from a poly main and syn cross setup to a VS Touch 15L mains/NRG2 Cross setup. I noticed a slight drop in the spin department, but not by much, the strings didn't move much at all. The only downside was that the VS was good as new, but the NRG2 was toast after a week of hitting 2 hours a day and 5 hours of match play and I'm not much of a string breaker. You will most definitely get more power and touch and comfort though. I personally liked that a lot because i was tired of polys going dead and swinging like crazy at a ball just to get it over the net.

Boricua
07-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I am considering a few alternatives, one being Pacific Tough Gut. Heard it is stiff for a gut and durable, good power and good tension maintenance as any gut

seb23
07-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah that's what I'm concerned about as. Don't think thick strings really work in a 18x20 racket