PDA

View Full Version : Demoed the Pure Storm Team (2011)

Venetian
07-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Surprising nice feeling racquet. It felt more headlight than it's listed balance. Reminded me a bit of hitting with the 6.0 95 (may it rest in peace). Definitely enjoyed it more than the normal Pure Storm, which actually feels a point or two head heavy to me. Decent power as well. I think with a leather grip + overgrip it would balance out even better.

Anyway, I didn't find many posts about it yet, so I thought I would give a short review.

Scribbles
07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm demoing the PS Team GT right now too. :) Its surprisingly stable for its lower weight (so far). Seems like a good addition to the PS line. Gonna hit some more with it today. :)

parasailing
07-24-2011, 12:07 AM
I agree that the Pure Storm GT feels more like 1pt HH instead of HL. I have been trying to find a racquet that the wife can hit comfortable with. She is currently using a Youtek Radical MP but with the lead in the handle since she likes 5 or 6pts HL, it is a tad too heavy to swing.

I bought her the Pure Storm GT and it just feels head heavy and not solid in the handle compared to the Radical MP.

Keep the reviews coming and I might also pick one up to see if this will work out for her.

A_Instead
07-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Parasailing. You should have your wife try the EXO3 Tour Team. It easy swinging, stable, crazy spin.

parasailing
07-24-2011, 04:33 PM
Parasailing. You should have your wife try the EXO3 Tour Team. It easy swinging, stable, crazy spin.

I will try to get a demo and see what she thinks of the racquet but I have tried quite a few 100 sq in ones and she prefers the 98 sq in one. I think the 100 sq inch ones in the past feel a bit too springy.

Ideally if she could find a 98 sq inch one with about 5 pts HL that is solid and around 11oz that would be a winner hence I am looking at the Pure Storm Team which seems to have that solid feel but with lead, would make it even more stable.

A_Instead
07-24-2011, 04:48 PM
I have the new PS GT and I put 6 grams of lead in the lower throat which makes it more head light. I like this set up.
I would like the try the PS GT Team as well.

parasailing
07-24-2011, 06:52 PM
I have the new PS GT and I put 6 grams of lead in the lower throat which makes it more head light. I like this set up.
I would like the try the PS GT Team as well.

I tried putting more lead at the throat but then it makes it kinda heavy there. I had to put it in the handle but that requires more lead tape to get it to the right HL balance thus making it too heavy for her as she likes a polarized racquet.

She wants it light in the solid but solid and stable and most of the weight in the handle to stabilize it.

parasailing
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
The wife tried the Prince Ex03 Tour Team but she didn't really like the feel of the racquet perhaps too flexy and due to bigger headsize, she couldn't swing the racquet as fast compared to the Youtek Radical MP. If the Radical MP would just be a bit lighter, it would be ideal but the search continues.

The Pure Storm GT is also a bit head heavy and that doesn't work for her but I got a the Instinct MP and the Pure Storm Team to test out and report what I find.

jbpick920
08-11-2011, 11:57 AM
Parasailing, might want to give the Volkl PB 9 a try. I got to hit with it some yesterday and its looking promising so far, especially compared to the Pure Storm gt. And it has the 98 head size. I may have to give the pure storm team a go next.

parasailing
08-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Parasailing, might want to give the Volkl PB 9 a try. I got to hit with it some yesterday and its looking promising so far, especially compared to the Pure Storm gt. And it has the 98 head size. I may have to give the pure storm team a go next.

Thanks for the suggestion but it's a tad over 11 oz which would be too heavy for her. I have the demo of the Team and though it's not really lighter than the Storm GT, it feels more solid and the weight distribution is more evenly distributed.

The Pure Storm GT is a bit head heavy whereas the Team is more evenly balanced. Will update once she gets a chance to try out the racquet.

psycho0
08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but it's a tad over 11 oz which would be too heavy for her. I have the demo of the Team and though it's not really lighter than the Storm GT, it feels more solid and the weight distribution is more evenly distributed.

The Pure Storm GT is a bit head heavy whereas the Team is more evenly balanced. Will update once she gets a chance to try out the racquet.

I don't see how the PS GT feels head heavy to you guys. I measured the balance of the PS GT strung and I am getting a balance of 32.5cm (5pts headlight). Is anyone else getting similar balances as me?

BC1
08-12-2011, 07:38 AM
I don't see how the PS GT feels head heavy to you guys. I measured the balance of the PS GT strung and I am getting a balance of 32.5cm (5pts headlight). Is anyone else getting similar balances as me?

Mine, if I measured it correctly, is about 2 pts headlight.

(The type of strings and if you have an overgrip and/or dampner on the racquet will also affect the balance measurements.)

parasailing
08-13-2011, 02:35 PM
I had a chance to hit with the Pure Storm Team and this is now my second favorite racquet behind the Pure Storm Tour GT. It is a bit more flexy but still a solid racquet. It doesn't hit a heavy ball as well as the Tour but still a good solid racquet that after a few hours on the court, I might switch to when I am starting to fatigue.