PDA

View Full Version : Cortex Piece Issues

TheOneHander
07-19-2011, 01:57 PM
Long story short, a student of mine whacked my racquet out of my hands during a drill, and a nasty spill was taken :(

I was examining it more closely today, and the Cortex has definitely come loose. It no longer fits flush in the groove as it did when I received the frame, and if I push it into the groove, it juts out and makes a slight click. It's right st the upper pwrt of the plastic piece-the "wings", if you will. No cracks or any other damage to the frame. It doesn't affect playability, but it's driving me batty.

Is there any way to repair it?

Thank you!

cnr1guy
07-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Try gluing it back on. Seriously.

TheOneHander
07-19-2011, 02:03 PM
Try gluing it back on. Seriously.

For clarification, it hasn't come all the way off yet-it's merely loose and is still attached. However, the top half is not set in the groove.

Bud
07-19-2011, 02:06 PM
For clarification, it hasn't come all the way off yet-it's merely loose and is still attached. However, the top half is not set in the groove.

How about just removing it?

If you remove it and don't like the look, glue it back in place.

TheOneHander
07-19-2011, 02:08 PM
How about just removing it?

If you remove it and don't like the look, glue it back in place.

I'd preferably like to keep it on the frame, but this might work. How should I go about doing this?

flashfire276
07-19-2011, 05:05 PM
I'd preferably like to keep it on the frame, but this might work. How should I go about doing this?

Glue it straight on.
The yellow plastic piece isn't exactly the Cortex piece. It's only covering a chunk of rubber underneath it.
So just get a glue gun or super glue, and get it back on. No worries!

TheOneHander
07-19-2011, 05:31 PM
Glue it straight on.
The yellow plastic piece isn't exactly the Cortex piece. It's only covering a chunk of rubber underneath it.
So just get a glue gun or super glue, and get it back on. No worries!

That should do! Should I just pry it off with a flathead screwdriver?

TheBoom
07-19-2011, 05:45 PM
See if you can get a brand new one! :)

Bud
07-19-2011, 09:06 PM

Do you own a Dremel tool? If so, remove it it with one of the cutting discs by slicing it apart in one place.

The screwdriver would probably work but you may damage the frame with it.

flashfire276
07-19-2011, 10:22 PM

You can glue it straight on right? Just push that thing back in there (yeah, yeah, dirty....)!
You don't need to pry it out. My friend pretty much pulled it off with his fingers. Or just get a blowdryer to melt off the weak adhesive that plastic piece is hanging on to.

babolat king
07-20-2011, 07:58 AM
just use a longer overgrip and cover up the cortex area like roddick does. problem solved.