PDA

View Full Version : Spin a lings. Most spin ever.

kiteboard
07-19-2011, 06:16 PM
I would like to copy right the trade name: spin a lings, spin a ling, and smack a ling. See this pic? I obtained the most amount of spin ever with these.

http://i52.tinypic.com/33elrfm.jpg spin a ling
When these are placed at every cross in the hitting area, the spin is insane, often going over the opponent's head. When you place drinking straws, one inside another, and use them as impact absorbers, the sound is loud. The smack a ling. How to get the most spin with tennis string job, most spin with an 18 x 20, most spin spaghetti string job.

Tennis Is Magic
07-19-2011, 06:17 PM
I would like to copy right the trade name: spin a lings, spin a ling, and smack a ling. See this pic? I obtained the most amount of spin ever with these.

http://i52.tinypic.com/33elrfm.jpg spin a ling
When these are placed at every cross in the hitting area, the spin is insane, often going over the opponent's head. When you place drinking straws, one inside another, and use them as impact absorbers, the sound is loud. The smack a ling.
Das cool, except for the fact that it's illegal.

kiteboard
07-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Inter twining strings are illegal, not spin a lings.

AceServer
07-19-2011, 06:30 PM
I think anything attached on the top of the first bottom cross string is illegal in tourney play.

kiteboard
07-19-2011, 06:40 PM
Then why aren't string a lings illegal? That is the reason Fed uses them, for spin, not for durability on a stick he uses for 8 games.

The Djoker
07-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Just think of them as large string savers :lol:

kiteboard
07-19-2011, 06:43 PM
String savers yes, ball killers, no. When they fill the string bed hitting area, it's an awesome spin to behold, more than any spaghetti job, or any string period.

esgee48
07-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Your string a lings extend above the plane of the stringbed. That makes it illegal since they are not part of the string. If you could come up with an aftermarket string coating that was super slippery and could be applied permanently to the strings, that would be legal. Note that I said aftermarket because if the string was already super slippery, you could not grip it for tensioning.

edit: stringalings marketed by Babolat etc do not extend above the string.

Cup8489
07-19-2011, 06:46 PM
so are you saying just regular string savers applied generously in the sweet zone will give massive spin?

kiteboard
07-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Not as much as these, but more than if you did not use them.

Ronaldo
07-19-2011, 06:49 PM
so are you saying just regular string savers applied generously in the sweet zone will give massive spin?

No, just tube the mains and don't interlace the crosses. Mains are free to move.

kiteboard
07-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Now that is illegal in tourny play.

Ronaldo
07-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Now that is illegal in tourny play.

Till you get caught. Who looks at strings? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e0oBcgF5qw Fed saw this match

fortun8son
07-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Spaghetti stringing was legal for a little while.
Didn't take long to outlaw it.

Ronaldo
07-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Spaghetti stringing was legal for a little while.
Didn't take long to outlaw it.

Bringing back Sexy this weekend. Wait till they see my spin. Got a reel of tube.

travlerajm
07-19-2011, 07:38 PM
I found this to give incredible spin and great precise control too - no additives necessary:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=389303

slice bh compliment
07-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Cool. But....protrusions, man. Not Kosher. I checked with the Rabbi at the ITF.

kiteboard
07-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Until you try this, you have not seen spin. All crosses on both sides (I only use one side when not at net) in hitting area.

Leelord337
07-19-2011, 09:53 PM
interesting, what are the "spin a lings" actually? drinking straws? i wanna try this on one of my old racquets to see what kind of spin i can get. i would never play a tournament w/them though, lol

kiteboard
07-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Drinking straws. I have also used short pieces of zip cord electrical wire, of the type that xmas tree lights are made of. The copper wire fibers actually tear the felt of the ball, while the straws bend, and grab/hold of the ball without damaging it as much, and adding more spin than even the copper wires.

fortun8son
07-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Awesome! But still ill-eagle.
a. The hitting surface of the racket shall be flat and consist of a pattern of crossed strings connected to a frame and alternately interlaced or bonded where they cross; and the stringing pattern shall be generally uniform, and in particular not less dense in the center than in any other area. The racket shall be designed and strung such that the playing characteristics are identical on both faces. The strings shall be free of attached objects and protrusions other than those utilized solely and specifically to limit or prevent wear and tear or vibration, and which are reasonable in size and placement for such purposes.
Sorry, but dems de rules.

TenFanLA
07-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Kiteboard,

I thought you use BHBR/nrg2 hybrid? Are you using BHBR full bed now? If so, is it because of the added, insane spin?

kiteboard
07-20-2011, 07:21 PM
I am using bhbr/nrg2. This was a full set, before I decided on the nrg2. I also use it with vs team mains.

The Dark Knight
09-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I came across this thread by accident .

Any more news on how it's going with these things?

I was thinking about how to make them legal.

If you could manufacture string savers that are double in height I think it would actually be legal.

Or If you cut down the straws, zip cord, or the wire so thy there are no protrusions I think it would probably be legal?

But definitely double thick string savers would have to be legal. I wish there were a way to put one string save on top of another . Problem solved!

pvaudio
09-03-2012, 05:04 PM
^^^ Just focus on playing the game. If you practice, you'll make all the spin you need.

mikeler
09-03-2012, 05:33 PM
^^^ Just focus on playing the game. If you practice, you'll make all the spin you need.

Amen brother.

Up&comer
09-03-2012, 05:51 PM

Correctamundo.

Ronaldo
09-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Tube the mains, do not interlace, and hide your racquet.

Chotobaka
09-03-2012, 06:04 PM
I am all for maximizing performance through use of the best/most appropriate equipment, but this is just pathetic. Borderline ********. More like "ding-a-ling".

Bowtiesarecool
09-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't see how this is any better than mineral oil/armor all/wax rubbed onto the strings.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't see how this is any better than mineral oil/armor all/wax rubbed onto the strings.

Does that do anything?

treblings
09-26-2012, 12:29 PM
to all of you who´ve waxed or oiled the strings of your racket.
what did you try to achieve? make the strings more slippery? does that enhance topspin?