PDA

View Full Version : Which Storm Am I?

mrmo1115
07-20-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm interested in the Babolat Pure Storm line but I'm not sure which one will fit me best. I'm going to try out both but I'd like to ask around to see which one would be more sensible to switch to since they are very different racquets.

I'm looking for a control oriented racquet but one that can give me some pop. Not as low powered as a Prestige.

I'm also looking for a little softer frame since I've been having some arm issues. My previous frame was the 305 Tecnifibre which was very stiff. However the frame was 11.3 ounces strung. I used the KB98 before that and it was around 11 ounces as well. Before that Prestige FXP MP which was heavier at 12 ounces.

Which one would help benefit me the most. The regular or tour?

mikeler
07-20-2011, 11:21 AM
The Tour version is a demanding racket so just make sure you can handle the weight. You can always add weight to the Pure Storm if necessary. I just switched over from the Pure Storm Tour Plus to the Pro Kennex 7G which is much more arm friendly and has a little more pop.

got spin?
07-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Try the limited

Irony Zealot
07-20-2011, 11:51 AM
You are Super Ultra Great Delicious All-Out Mountain Storm

TheOneHander
07-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Looking at your other racquets, I wouldn't count out the Pure Storm GT. It's not a tweener, despite its weight-more of a very light player's stick. A friend of mine who plays with the Tours also has a set of regular Pure Storms because they play similarly, but the lighter weight can help save his arm from fatigue on tough days.

Either way, I'd choose the non-Tour. It's a great platform for customization. A little lead here, a little leather there, and you have yourself quite the stick!

mrmo1115
07-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks. I'm not going to count it out so I'm demoing both. Any body else have opinions