PDA

View Full Version : Signum Pro Poly Plasma?

rafabull
07-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Can anyone give me their opinion on these strings. I will demo them out of course before I buy a reel but I just want to know if they are even worth a test. I would use them only in the mains with some sort of synthetic gut (cheaper :)) in the crosses. My game is powerful and usually fairly flat shots with not a lot of spin. I just want a good control oriented string with a low power level that doesn't die as quick as my current RPM Blasts.

klementine79
07-20-2011, 08:33 PM
It all depends what you're used to... I just had this strung-up.

Never tried RPM... but SPPP seems to have normal tension maintenance... 2days of hitting (1match...and practice/messing around).

It's not mushy... and not 'crisp' or 'harsh' either. Is pretty powerful. Probably more than the previous string I had...M2Pro. Overall, enjoyed the M2 better... sunk into the ball better and strings moved better. This stuff seems to have very low string-movement... something that I'm not looking for.

BigT
07-20-2011, 08:47 PM
It's a great string that doesn't get much attention anymore b'c it's been around for awhile.

NLBwell
07-20-2011, 10:28 PM
I just want a good control oriented string with a low power level that doesn't die as quick as my current RPM Blasts.

Pretty well describes SPPP. Not a high-performance string but strong in the areas you desire. Not big spin, but more than a multi or syngut. Low power (average, or maybe a bit above average for a poly), excellent control for flatter hitting, and still one of the longest lasting polys especially in terms of tension maintenance and not going dead too quickly.

asiank90
07-20-2011, 10:35 PM
I'd say its a 'meh' string, doesn't do anything extremely well (except tension maintenance) but isn't really terrible at anything. But for the price it's a great string!

fortun8son
07-21-2011, 01:17 AM
I've had good results with SPPP 16L mains and either Sweet 16 or OGSM 17 crosses. String the mains fairly low and the x's 4-5lbs higher

tomp
07-21-2011, 04:34 PM
I'd say its a 'meh' string, doesn't do anything extremely well (except tension maintenance) but isn't really terrible at anything. But for the price it's a great string!

Will have to agree on that! It just is kinda of a nothingy feeling string.

rafabull
07-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Is this a good poly for a poly-gut hybrid?

NLBwell
07-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Works well with AlphaGut2000 crosses for me.

Winners or Errors
07-25-2011, 05:04 PM
I like it at low tensions. Good tension maintenance, a lot of control, wears well, good spin but not as much as Cyberflash (but CF has more power), and the orange color matches my Volkl racquets (which it mates with really well) beautifully. It basically works until I break it, which is usually in about 4 weeks.

I do find that it needs to be broken in with about 2-3 hours of play/hitting, after which it works well until breaking.

archman
07-25-2011, 06:46 PM
I use it with Mantis comfort synthetic and it works well. I am like you, a flat hitter. I have had arm problems in the past and nothing in about 3 months of using this. I also tried OG sheep, Gamma synthetic, and Prince synthetic but liked the feel of the MCS with it.

rooski
07-26-2011, 02:53 PM
SPPP is a very good string. Of the non textured co-polys this really is a jack of all trades string. I like the 1.18 version in an 18x20 pattern frame hybrided along with a good crisp syn gut in the crosses. It was one of the earliest soft co-polys out there and as a poster mentioned above, that's why it doesn't get mentioned a lot these days. It's just not new. IMO Signum and Weiss Cannon make the best NON TEXTURED co-polys available.

spillai
08-03-2011, 07:56 AM
SPPP is a very good string. Its very durable and gives good spin. Pretty good feel and its cheaper only $7 per stringjob if you buy a reel

tiebraek
08-20-2011, 09:25 AM
i recently have switched to this string after using multi for long time. I use it in the mains @ 56 with psgd in the crosses. It took me a while to break into these stings but once I did, I really like it. Feel is good, placement is superb and tons of spin especially on the serve. Power comes easy with this string. No string movement after 14 hours of play or signs of fraying. I'm experimenting with different strings for the crosses and different tensions..I would like to make the stringbed even softer..So it's a good string for me, it suits my game and it's affordable

Pro-tech
08-20-2011, 03:21 PM
It all depends what you're used to... I just had this strung-up.

Never tried RPM... but SPPP seems to have normal tension maintenance... 2days of hitting (1match...and practice/messing around).

It's not mushy... and not 'crisp' or 'harsh' either. Is pretty powerful. Probably more than the previous string I had...M2Pro. Overall, enjoyed the M2 better... sunk into the ball better and strings moved better. This stuff seems to have very low string-movement... something that I'm not looking for.

-----Hey I see you have used the Luxilon M2 Pro string. I have been interested in finding some feedback about this string other than the comment products. I have been using Kirschbaum Helix. Which I think is a fairly softer poly. Do you think the M2 has good spin and control. Im hoping i can get some rip on the ball. I have someone who is trying to sell some for pretty cheap.

topspin18
08-24-2011, 07:23 PM
This string is nice. But it felt really soft compared to other strings such as BHBR which is also soft.