PDA

View Full Version : When modifying your rackets so they match, do you say, "That's good enough for govern

DeShaun
07-20-2011, 11:53 PM
-ment work," or are you extremely "fussy?"

Fuji
07-20-2011, 11:59 PM
When I have pairs, they match identically. I do them both and the same time, and I make sure that I am so deadly clean with them, that I've done it for other players and they love me for it! :)

-Fuji

DeShaun
07-21-2011, 12:17 AM
When I have pairs, they match identically. I do them both and the same time, and I make sure that I am so deadly clean with them, that I've done it for other players and they love me for it! :)

-Fuji

Same here. I haven't matched others' rackets, just mine.

Timbo's hopeless slice
07-21-2011, 12:31 AM
I use a decent brand so they are actually already the same.

(I know that's a shock to you Wilson/Head people, but there it is)

Agent Orynge
07-21-2011, 05:46 AM
I use a decent brand so they are actually already the same.

(I know that's a shock to you Wilson/Head people, but there it is)

Oh, you and your Dunlops!

OP - I only used that expression when I was in the military.

Rogael Naderer
07-21-2011, 06:58 AM
I use Dunlops and one of mine was very light and head light (I know it's genuine) but I do match mine within 2 grams, the balance must be the same or only slightly more head-heavy on the slightly lighter ones.

Of course the only way to truly match them is to match SW. which needs an RDC or

TheBoom
07-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Dunlop's quality control is supreme!!!

OrangePower
07-21-2011, 04:28 PM

-Fuji

What technique do you use to measure / match swingweight?

meowmix
07-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Good enough for government work for me. I'm not playing anywhere near anything competitive... so it's good enough.

max
07-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Just to eliminate weird fears, I make mine identical. Even down to stringing them the right side up.

pvaudio
07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I've always played Dunlop since I started playing tennis, ergo, I have no need to. I have 11 AG100s, all of which are within 2 grams of one another unstrung. My 3 4D200 Tour sticks are exactly the same to the gram unstrung.

Fuji
07-21-2011, 06:46 PM
What technique do you use to measure / match swingweight?

A shop I go to a lot has a machine for checking SW! :) I'm friends with the owner so he lets me use all his fancy gear!

Just for rough home work, I use the TW tool, and the swing tool for iPhone!

-Fuji

NLBwell
07-21-2011, 09:59 PM
I put approximately same size weights in about the same places, then just adjust them a little based on how they feel swinging them and hitting against the backboard.
Close enough for government work.

Up&comer
07-22-2011, 04:29 AM
All my kblades are exactly matched. My apdgts are awfully close, but I haven't exactly matched them yet.