PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Biometric 100 ...?

jack hoyer
07-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Has anyone played with the Biometric 100 (90 sq" ) ? I have 2 AG100 racquets which I like a lot. I recently demoed the 4D100. I almost bought one, but I stayed with my AG100 for reasons of their slightly better feel, and maneuverability. The Biometric 100 is intriguing. Any info regarding how the Biometric 100 plays, and when it might become available in the States would be much appreciated.

rapidfire77
07-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Has anyone played with the Biometric 100 (90 sq" ) ? I have 2 AG100 racquets which I like a lot. I recently demoed the 4D100. I almost bought one, but I stayed with my AG100 for reasons of their slightly better feel, and maneuverability. The Biometric 100 is intriguing. Any info regarding how the Biometric 100 plays, and when it might become available in the States would be much appreciated.

i am just as curious, i have 4 of the AG100, i love the frame, i just want a little more power. did you try the 4D100 by any chance? how did it compare?

Larrysümmers
07-21-2011, 12:02 PM
did they stop selling the 100? how come its not for sale anymore, i miss something?

bad_call
07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
been playing with the 4D100 for a bit now. hope to be getting an Aerogel 100 next week. let u know how they compare for this player.

rapidfire77
07-21-2011, 12:11 PM
been playing with the 4D100 for a bit now. hope to be getting an Aerogel 100 next week. let u know how they compare for this player.

you are going backwards right?
oldest is AG100 then 4D100 then Bio100.

rapidfire77
07-21-2011, 12:12 PM
did they stop selling the 100? how come its not for sale anymore, i miss something?

which 100 are you talking about? you can find the 4D100 on TW. the bio is new and is not out in the US yet. the AG100 is old and i got 4 if you are interested! ;)

BreakPoint
07-21-2011, 12:15 PM
But older racquets are often better than the newer ones. :)

rapidfire77
07-21-2011, 12:32 PM
But older racquets are often better than the newer ones. :)

was just looking at power potential between the AG100 and the 4D100 and the older one seems better...at least in numbers but the difference can be really called insignificant. i am curious to try the 4D but i think i am more inclined to look into the bio one. anyone here who's played with the bio100 can give a verdict on power?

Larrysümmers
07-21-2011, 12:34 PM
which 100 are you talking about? you can find the 4D100 on TW. the bio is new and is not out in the US yet. the AG100 is old and i got 4 if you are interested! ;)

i would but im broke and have nothing to trade worth your while, lol.

hm,. i swore i saw the BIO 100 for sale somewhere.

rapidfire77
07-21-2011, 12:38 PM
i would but im broke and have nothing to trade worth your while, lol.

hm,. i swore i saw the BIO 100 for sale somewhere.
no worries, they will go for cheap when times comes. no one has money, and the bio at >$150 is too much, given that really on sale, you can get it for $100 everywhere.

bad_call
07-21-2011, 12:39 PM

well i really wanted another 4D100 but got an offer for an AG100 in a trade. so going to roll the dice on this one. :)

sepidoel
07-21-2011, 09:30 PM
I bought secondhand Biomimetic 100 (not Biometric) for $112.5 including shipping from an Asian site. I never used other line of 100 so I can only compare to my Asian ver of Wilson K6.1 95 16x18:

Unstrung Weight: 10.9oz / 310g
Balance: 9pts Head Light
Swingweight: 323
Stiffness: 69
Beam Width: 22 mm Straight Beam
String Pattern: 16 Mains / 18 Crosses

To my judgement the only department K95 wins is its power, while B100 wins at maneuverability (the best!), stability (wow!), control and comfort - consider the other parts are on par. K95 is a lovely racquet too, but I got to use it as a backup since its stiffness can hurt my elbow.

IMHO B100 is also suitable for both high and low tension, and it's best suited with soft string either poly or nylon. When the racquet came it was strung with Signum Pro Tornado, and eventhough I love soft stringbed it played very nice - though it gave me shoulder pain. Then I decided to have hybrid of Polystar Energy 17 as main (@60) and Prince Premier Softlex 17 (@60), and it played even better for my liking (softer and more liveliness, but still produced great spin). After about 10 hours of playing the tension had dropped a lot, and it played a little different but great still (return and volley had improved).

PS. When the tension dropped I applied body lotion to the stringbed to maintain its liveliness and spin potential (it works).

rapidfire77
07-21-2011, 09:47 PM
I bought secondhand Biomimetic 100 (not Biometric) for $112.5 including shipping from an Asian site. I never used other line of 100 so I can only compare to my Asian ver of Wilson K6.1 95 16x18:

Unstrung Weight: 10.9oz / 310g
Balance: 9pts Head Light
Swingweight: 323
Stiffness: 69
Beam Width: 22 mm Straight Beam
String Pattern: 16 Mains / 18 Crosses

To my judgement the only department K95 wins is its power, while B100 wins at maneuverability (the best!), stability (wow!), control and comfort - consider the other parts are on par. K95 is a lovely racquet too, but I got to use it as a backup since its stiffness can hurt my elbow.

IMHO B100 is also suitable for both high and low tension, and it's best suited with soft string either poly or nylon. When the racquet came it was strung with Signum Pro Tornado, and eventhough I love soft stringbed it played very nice - though it gave me shoulder pain. Then I decided to have hybrid of Polystar Energy 17 as main (@60) and Prince Premier Softlex 17 (@60), and it played even better for my liking (softer and more liveliness, but still produced great spin). After about 10 hours of playing the tension had dropped a lot, and it played a little different but great still (return and volley had improved).

PS. When the tension dropped I applied body lotion to the stringbed to maintain its liveliness and spin potential (it works).

thanks for the feedback although i think it's difficult to relate the X100 dunlop mold to other ones especially by other manufacturers.

how sure are u that the frame you got is authentic. i've heard that the asian market can be tricky when getting a racket these days. there are lots of replicas and only the savvy hand can tell the difference. just a thought, yours may very well be original.

rapidfire77
07-21-2011, 10:23 PM
so here is my take on the AG100, i am sharing it so that if someone here understands what i am talking about and has experience with it as well as its successors, they can address the racket performance for these particular points.

background: i have played with the AG100 for a little over 4yrs. i am playing now less frequently (about once or twice a week) than i used to so while the overall feel has not changed, what i do with the racket and the energy it takes me to do it is different. i have a long loopy swing, i did pick this racket because i can manage it with a one hander backhand. i wanted the open string pattern. my swing speed like most recreational players varies but tend to be on the faster side.

if/when the hitting gets heavy. i feel that the AG100 is highly manoeuvrable but doesn't have the heft substance (weight) that does the impact work for you. this is also true for shots where i am stretched and i am unable to take a full swing. getting the frame behind the ball often results in a weak short ball. the same is true but less critical in slicing. i've only noticed the difference with the fed frame, one which i can cut the ball deep and low all day by just driving the frame, it does the rest of the work for me. too bad that frame is too heavy for me to manage the backhand properly.

Other than the issues with power, i find the AG100 to be a very demanding frame in order to get the desired degree of control. since the racket lacks power, i'd have to swing fast and get my technique right, when i played college and was in great shape, this was never an issue. but neither of these two conditions are true today and i slack in the preparation for my shots like any recreational player...and the racket doesn't really cut me much slack. i am often left with shots that lack control when i just want to feel my groove without intensity. when i do it right however, i feel that i can get the control i want...although i know i can expect better.

so i am tweaking it a bit by adding weights and i am not at a satisfactory point yet. it is also tiring to keep changing the leads all the time. and their position and that's why i am looking at its successors to see if the power and control have been enhanced. i feel like the racket should be slightly heavier or made out of more powerful material. this should compensate for the lack of power and can perhaps increase the accuracy on days where it's ok if i am not doing everything right.

has anyone noticed these things? and have they being address by either the 4D100 or B100>

sepidoel
07-22-2011, 03:16 AM
thanks for the feedback although i think it's difficult to relate the X100 dunlop mold to other ones especially by other manufacturers.

how sure are u that the frame you got is authentic. i've heard that the asian market can be tricky when getting a racket these days. there are lots of replicas and only the savvy hand can tell the difference. just a thought, yours may very well be original.

When I got my B100 on hand, I was quite sure that it was authentic by its build quality (including its nice bumpy surface). I was truly convinced after I swung it on court.

Some users here shared their logic that Dunlop had much less market share compared to Wilson, Babolat and Head that made very little chance of fake one sold. Yet, the online store I bought was quite a well known Dunlop distributor (I won't mention its name, since a thread where I did was deleted).

Other than the issues with power, i find the AG100 to be a very demanding frame in order to get the desired degree of control. since the racket lacks power, i'd have to swing fast and get my technique right, when i played college and was in great shape, this was never an issue. but neither of these two conditions are true today and i slack in the preparation for my shots like any recreational player...and the racket doesn't really cut me much slack. i am often left with shots that lack control when i just want to feel my groove without intensity. when i do it right however, i feel that i can get the control i want...although i know i can expect better.

I got the same experience with yours. B100 is also a very demanding racquet and not for anyone who tend to slack off. This also means when I get really tired, I prefer not to use my B100 as my shots become much less controllable.

However, I think the weight and balance are totally perfect. Perhaps if one has great athleticism and very strong arm will respect heavier racquet, but definitely not for skinny person like me. :oops:

Power Player
07-22-2011, 06:06 AM
well i really wanted another 4D100 but got an offer for an AG100 in a trade. so going to roll the dice on this one. :)

Best part of the Dunlops is that they are pretty interchangeable, plus you use lead.

When I had the 4D200s, I also had an Mfil200 as well that I would use as a backup. No adjustment necessary there.

jack hoyer
07-22-2011, 08:22 AM
i am just as curious, i have 4 of the AG100, i love the frame, i just want a little more power. did you try the 4D100 by any chance? how did it compare?

I demo'd the 4D for about a week. I liked it a lot, but decided to stay with my AG100s for now. I didn't feel the 4D had more power. The 4D may be a bit more stable on impact, but I felt it wasn't as maneuverable as the AG100.

bowchikawow
07-22-2011, 09:45 AM
no worries, they will go for cheap when times comes. no one has money, and the bio at >$150 is too much, given that really on sale, you can get it for $100 everywhere.

Yeah you can sill find them for cheap now....
in the thread in my signature :)

rapidfire77
07-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah you can sill find them for cheap now....
in the thread in my signature :)

if i am understanding you correctly, you have a B100 for sale? if so, what's the grip size? and can you comment on the playability?

thanks

The Djoker
07-22-2011, 02:49 PM
B I O M I M E T I C !

rapidfire77
07-22-2011, 04:22 PM
B I O M I M E T I C !

or biometric, or biomnemonic, or biomechanic...really...aren't you lost with the naming convention already? what does it matter? what happened to just naming it Dunlop 100 2011 edition?

bowchikawow
07-22-2011, 04:47 PM
if i am understanding you correctly, you have a B100 for sale? if so, what's the grip size? and can you comment on the playability?

thanks

Yes I do, it is a grip size number 3. It is a lovely racket, unfortuanately selling it as I would like the $ and have one that I am keeping.
It is a lovely racket and really easy to manouver and ideal for a flat hitting all courter like myself.

rapidfire77
07-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Yes I do, it is a grip size number 3. It is a lovely racket, unfortuanately selling it as I would like the $ and have one that I am keeping.
It is a lovely racket and really easy to manouver and ideal for a flat hitting all courter like myself.

bummer for the small grip. what is the condition? the 4 1/2 is the right dunlop grip for me, but i am curious enough if it's a good deal shipped to California. shoot me a message (my username at hotmail) if you don't want to discuss it in public.