PDA

View Full Version : Gripsize and weight/balance issue

parasailing
07-21-2011, 12:24 PM
Do you know if manufacturers compensate for the various grip sizes when stating the specs on weight and balance on a racquet?

If you were to purchase a grip size 4 or 4 1/8 racquet especially on non pallet racquets from Wilson and Babolat, there would be less material in the handle. I am just wondering if they would adjust for this.

parasailing
07-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Any one know?

TimothyO
07-22-2011, 10:35 AM
My wife and I both have PSLGTs and PB10 Mids. In both cases her frames were a little heavier than my and slightly head heavier. Her grip is 4-3/8 while mine is 4-5/8.

So even though my grip is thicker my frames happen to be lighter by about .1g in the case of the PSLGT and .2g in the case of the PSLGT.

And both of my frames are balanced more head light than hers.

It's probably inconclusive as to whether or not it effects weight or balance.

larry10s
07-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Do you know if manufacturers compensate for the various grip sizes when stating the specs on weight and balance on a racquet?

If you were to purchase a grip size 4 or 4 1/8 racquet especially on non pallet racquets from Wilson and Babolat, there would be less material in the handle. I am just wondering if they would adjust for this.

i dont think they do
the discrepancy above is due to the wide tolerance to specs from the manufacturers