PDA

View Full Version : The pro staff mid, it is lighter and easier to swing!

Dave M
07-21-2011, 02:14 PM
I bought one and had it shipped over, couldn't resist the chance to try the 85 version of the 95 I used to like so much. I played this evening with my yonex rdx 500 frames, wasn't really feeling it that well so i took out the pro staff for a hit, my serves were better, i was able to get more depth on the ball and make it jump a bit more, I was going for my second serve more than i usually would which resulted in a couple more double faults but no real problem holding serve. Volleys and backhands were just sweet right off the bat, a couple of hours in and the forehand was producing some eratic form occasional blinding winners followed by misses of equally stunning proportions.
I really didn't expect to find such a difference, turns out the pro staff is 25g lighter and about 4 or 5 points more headlight, but it's every bit as solid!
More testing with both required i prefer the wilson black frame over the yellow yonex but my groundstrokes were probably more consistant with th yonex overall.
So the wilson pro staff 85, lighter, easier to use and more pwer included, it's true!