PDA

View Full Version : I am addicted to Synthetic Gut.

Fuzzball7
07-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Hmm.. It seems that I'm addicted to Synthetic Gut. Why is it so much more superior to the top end strings??? Feels like a knife through butter when BH Slicing and feels incredible with everything else. Although, it could've been the frame? TF T-Fight V02max 295:shock:

bluetrain4
07-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Love synthetic gut also. Since so much talk on the Strings Forum is about poly and hybrids, I wonder what percentage of players have actually switched to full poly, what percentage use hybrids, and what percentage use a full string bed of something else (syn gut, multi, gut).

I usually use a hybrid, but cetainly could use full syn gut without much problem. S

Power Player
07-21-2011, 01:34 PM
I love syn gut..its what I grew up using and that crisp feel is addicting.

Fuzzball7
07-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah.. I totally agree with you guys.. Power Player - that crisp feel is just incredible, it's what I like most. :D

rjw
07-21-2011, 02:12 PM
what brands do you guys recomend in syn gut?

thx

mad dog1
07-21-2011, 02:30 PM
i really like the feel of syn gut. the problem i have is that my strings start moving all over the place after only 30 mins of hitting on a fresh string job. this seems to affect my consistency. co-poly stays in place better and for longer. also, syn gut isn't very durable for me. so while i get better feel w/ syn gut, i don't like the strings moving all over, nor do i like breaking strings every 2-3 times i play. additionally, i can hit with massives amounts of spin w/ poly that i don't get w/ syn gut.

mad dog1
07-21-2011, 02:31 PM
what brands do you guys recomend in syn gut?

thx

i get a reel of gosen og micro.

rjw
07-21-2011, 03:00 PM
i get a reel of gosen og micro.

Anything in a multi filament?

mad dog1
07-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Anything in a multi filament?

multi is usually too powerful for me at the tensions i like (lower-mid range)

dozu
07-21-2011, 03:31 PM
string performance has very little to do with price...

actually, with the current trend of frames getting stiffer, solid cores will generally outperform the multis.

stiffer frames need stiffer strings to produce a linear response.... multis are not good for that, unless strung at higher tension, which defeats the purpose of using multis anyway.

throwing a number out there, I think 63 flex maybe a line in the sand.... above which solid cores perform better, below which multis maybe good.

pvaudio
07-21-2011, 04:14 PM
For multis, you really cannot go wrong with anything from Technifibre. Other options are Pro Supex Maxim Touch, Mantis Comfort Synthetic and Ashaway Dynamite.

Power Player
07-21-2011, 05:21 PM
Just ordered the new Genesis syn gut along with more Gosen OGSM, so I will compare those 2 as well.

Power Player
07-21-2011, 05:22 PM
i really like the feel of syn gut. the problem i have is that my strings start moving all over the place after only 30 mins of hitting on a fresh string job. this seems to affect my consistency. co-poly stays in place better and for longer. also, syn gut isn't very durable for me. so while i get better feel w/ syn gut, i don't like the strings moving all over, nor do i like breaking strings every 2-3 times i play. additionally, i can hit with massives amounts of spin w/ poly that i don't get w/ syn gut.

Yeah I hybrid poly mains with the gosen and have barely any movement. I hate string movement as well. I string at 58#s.

cnr1guy
07-21-2011, 06:36 PM
I've been hitting with syn gut (Gosen OG Sheep) in an IG Speed and it's like a spring board.

What tensions are you guys stringing your syn gut jobs at?

Fuzzball7
07-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Got my TFight v02max 295 yesterday.. Strung with Black Tecnifibre Synthetic Gut haha. Bought a reel of gold as well.

fortun8son
07-23-2011, 12:04 AM
There's always PSGD... not as powerful as the other synguts.

max
07-23-2011, 09:20 AM
I have a soft spot in my heart for Prince Original Synthetic Gut. It's just that good.

I have used Ektelon Power Play, formerly Prince Synthetic Gut Soft, for a good number of years now. I've tried a lot of sythetic guts and settled on this one.

topseed
07-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Got my TFight v02max 295 yesterday.. Strung with Black Tecnifibre Synthetic Gut haha. Bought a reel of gold as well.

where can you buy a reel of TF black sg 17g? thanks

Fuzzball7
07-23-2011, 10:11 PM
I couldn't get a reel of Black, umm especially down here in Aus. But I did get a reel of that gold stuff. Although the Rep just probably strung them at Tecnifibre in Sydney with Black Syn Gut. Just to make it look a bit more bad a** :D

BreakPoint
07-24-2011, 01:20 AM
string performance has very little to do with price...

Quoted for Truth.