PDA

View Full Version : Head radicals:Which is the best?

Mikael Kolesaw
07-21-2011, 02:22 PM
I think I am a 3.5-4.0 player.I tried the PDGT and it's too stiff for me.I use poly strings.The balls were flying all around.

I searched racquetfinder.com for less stiffer racquets and this is what it suggests me.I only liked the Head ones.

1)Head MicroGEL Radical MP 18 x 20

2)Head YOUTEK Radical MP 18 x 20

3)Head YOUTEK Radical Pro 16 x 19

4)Head YOUTEK IG Speed 300 16 x 19.

Which stick would be better for a semi-western forehand grip?

Which stick will be better for extreme western forehand grip?

I am not in a position to demo racquets.

Thanks.

protenniskid
07-21-2011, 06:55 PM
The head microgel radical mp 18x20 is the best out of all of those. I used that racquet before I switched to the youth prestige pro. Is is light and whippy and is good for any grip you have for your forehand.

flashfire276
07-21-2011, 08:51 PM
MicroGEL Radical MP. If you're looking for softness, look no further.

cnr1guy
07-22-2011, 05:52 AM
IMO, the microgel Radical is a great base frame. Too light at stock but with some mods it can be a great weapon for sure!

gamerx52986
07-22-2011, 06:10 AM
I have played with both the Microgel and Youtek versions of the Radical and honestly have no problems switching between the two. For me at least I seem to be able to serve much better and more consistently with the Youtek. Otherwise both frames are great racquets. One word of advice is that the Youtek is string sensitive meaning certain strings work great in it while others seem to make it play like garbage.

wao
07-22-2011, 09:30 AM
I think I am a 3.5-4.0 player.I tried the PDGT and it's too stiff for me.I use poly strings.The balls were flying all around.

I searched racquetfinder.com for less stiffer racquets and this is what it suggests me.I only liked the Head ones.

1)Head MicroGEL Radical MP 18 x 20

2)Head YOUTEK Radical MP 18 x 20

3)Head YOUTEK Radical Pro 16 x 19

4)Head YOUTEK IG Speed 300 16 x 19.

Which stick would be better for a semi-western forehand grip?

Which stick will be better for extreme western forehand grip?

I am not in a position to demo racquets.

Thanks. For me I liked the MG Rad Pro (additional weight and more open string pattern). I actually just switched to the IG Speed 16X19. IMO only it more plays like the origional twin tube rad's. I will agree with the other poster the IG's are string senstitve.

parasailing
07-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I have played with both the Microgel and Youtek versions of the Radical and honestly have no problems switching between the two. For me at least I seem to be able to serve much better and more consistently with the Youtek. Otherwise both frames are great racquets. One word of advice is that the Youtek is string sensitive meaning certain strings work great in it while others seem to make it play like garbage.

Would using VS mains and a soft copoly be okay for the Microgel Radical? Or would a multi like Excel Power be better?