PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on these shoes?

christinamaniac7
07-22-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm going to buy a new pair of tennis shoes soon mostly because I want to have a new experience and have other brand shoes as well other than Nike and Adidas...

I'm curious as to which one of these are good enough and worth the money?

Head
Babolat
Fila
Prince

Please let me know if you've used any of them and how U feel about them?

Thanks,
CM7

G-12
07-22-2011, 12:19 AM
The Barricades are very sturdy tennis shoes.

christinamaniac7
07-22-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks for your contribution.

Does anyone here use Head Shoes?? any thoughts on em?

itsEr
07-22-2011, 09:05 AM
I've had Babolat's and Prince's before, I've got some thoughts. But really, the question is, what exactly are you looking for?
Or more like what shoes have you worn before that you've liked from Nike/Adidas?

christinamaniac7
07-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Well I've already had these shoes/or still have some of them:

Air Court Ballistec 3.3
Adidas Barricade II
Lunar Vapor Tour
Adidas Barricade 6.0
Lotto Syn-Raptor 2
Zoom Breathe 2k10

I'm just looking for a pair of shoes which suits to clay and the durability for me isn't an issue at the moment bc I'll surely buy another new pair of nike/adidas shoes in a few months time...

So I'm mostly looking for a break from nike and adidas and want to experience something new... Also Wilson shoes I've heard are good ones, so if you've used them let me know too!

Thanks again,
CM7

heftylefty
07-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Well I've already had these shoes/or still have some of them:

Air Court Ballistec 3.3
Adidas Barricade II
Lunar Vapor Tour
Adidas Barricade 6.0
Lotto Syn-Raptor 2
Zoom Breathe 2k10

I'm just looking for a pair of shoes which suits to clay and the durability for me isn't an issue at the moment bc I'll surely buy another new pair of nike/adidas shoes in a few months time...

So I'm mostly looking for a break from nike and adidas and want to experience something new... Also Wilson shoes I've heard are good ones, so if you've used them let me know too!

Thanks again,
CM7

My 2 cents:

Air Court Ballistec 3.3: Strong choice. Owned a couple of pairs of 2.3

Adidas Barricade II: Own a pair now, my least favorite. very stiff.

Lunar Vapor Tour: Owned a pair of Vapor once. They look cool, but not Nike's best shoe.

Adidas Barricade 6.0: Can't miss shoe. Period.

Lotto Syn-Raptor 2: N/A

Zoom Breathe 2k10: Own a pair now, part of my rotation of shoes. Low to the ground, not much cushion, but wear well...at least for me.

Also, try Wilson and K-Swiss.

volleygirl
07-22-2011, 10:49 AM
I have used Adidas, Prince and Head shoes and would rank them like this.

!. Head
2. Prince
3. Adidas

bigmalik76
07-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I have used Adidas, Prince and Head shoes and would rank them like this.

!. Head
2. Prince
3. Adidas

Which Head shoes have you used? Could you give some detail why you rank the shoes in that order. (i.e. based on fit, comfort, durability, support, etc....)

hcb0804
07-22-2011, 11:16 AM
definitely pass on Fila.
Propulse 3 is nice, and so is Prince T10 & T22

christinamaniac7
07-25-2011, 03:26 AM
Alright guys, Thanks everyone for contributing.

I've changed my mind once again, and I'll stay with Nike for the moment. Just got another query of you all, between these two pair of shoes which I'll write down my post, Which one do you think suits more to clay courts??

You know I've had them both but I've only played on hard with them, now I only have access to clay courts for a while so which one should I choose better?

Air Court Ballistec 3.3
Lunar Vapor shoes?

Thanks again,
CM7

hcb0804
07-25-2011, 05:57 AM
Alright guys, Thanks everyone for contributing.

I've changed my mind once again, and I'll stay with Nike for the moment. Just got another query of you all, between these two pair of shoes which I'll write down my post, Which one do you think suits more to clay courts??

You know I've had them both but I've only played on hard with them, now I only have access to clay courts for a while so which one should I choose better?

Air Court Ballistec 3.3
Lunar Vapor shoes?

Thanks again,
CM7

Lunar Vapors are great clay shoes.

christinamaniac7
07-25-2011, 06:05 AM
I've got to buy a new pairs of LV as I sold mine a few months ago!! It's in retails here now,there's %30 off on sale, that makes it $140... Is it really worth re-buying them??

Btw- I'm out of US right now...

got spin?
07-25-2011, 07:16 AM
Babolat All court 4 Clay is your answer.

eidolonshinobi
07-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Barricade 6.0s was my first ever tennis shoe and by far the best! Set the standard for me.

Tried the propulse 2, terrible durability didn't last me 3 months and I kept sliding in them. Though I did like the lightweight feel and were very breathable

I have the CB 2.3 right now and they're great, not quite as good as the B6s but they're up there. A lot more support than the propulse but less than B6. They're more breathable than the B6.

volleygirl
07-25-2011, 01:12 PM
Which Head shoes have you used? Could you give some detail why you rank the shoes in that order. (i.e. based on fit, comfort, durability, support, etc....)

I have had Head Prestige pro and Head Radical Pros, Prince T10s, and Adidas Barricades and liked the Heads best because of comfort, and durability. The adidas shoes hurt the bottom of my feet compared to the others.

christinamaniac7
07-26-2011, 04:58 AM
Barricade 6.0s was my first ever tennis shoe and by far the best! Set the standard for me.

Tried the propulse 2, terrible durability didn't last me 3 months and I kept sliding in them. Though I did like the lightweight feel and were very breathable

I have the CB 2.3 right now and they're great, not quite as good as the B6s but they're up there. A lot more support than the propulse but less than B6. They're more breathable than the B6.

What's your take about B6.0 on clay? I've got them, But never tried them on clay as I get to play %99 of my tennis on HC... Now transmitting to clay would be a little tough I'm afraid! :confused:

FloridaAG
07-26-2011, 05:39 AM
Prince T-22s are excellent shoes

Dharmaboy
07-26-2011, 05:45 AM
I am using the Yonex SHT 306 and I absolutely love them.

Most comfortable sport shoe I have ever worn.

Carolina Racquet
07-26-2011, 05:47 AM
What's your take about B6.0 on clay? I've got them, But never tried them on clay as I get to play %99 of my tennis on HC... Now transmitting to clay would be a little tough I'm afraid! :confused:

B6 are ok on clay. The deep modified herringbone pattern will give you decent traction on the dirt. I just don't like the bulkiness of the shoe regardless of surface.

I would always suggest different shoes on clay than hardcourts. Even if you play occasionally on clay it's worth it. The shoes will lost a long time and IMO, you look for different characteristics depending on surface.

For me, I wear Asics Gel Resolution 2s on hard courts (15% of my playing time) and Yonex 307 Clays for HarTru.

christinamaniac7
07-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Thanks for your insights carolina racquet,

Just curious to know how's sliding on clay with these shoes? Well I see lots of people complaining about B6.0s on TW whereas mine is ok on HCs, I can't just rely on those reviews...

So if you've used them on clay as well, Is the sliding as good as Nike shoes?

Carolina Racquet
07-26-2011, 06:19 AM
I can't compare to Nikes because I never wear them as they don't fit my feet well.

I had no problem controlling my slide with the B6s but as stated above, didn't like the bulky feel.

The main thing I look for with a clay sole is traction. I can slide with any sole pattern, but I want traction to improve my response time when changing direction and initial move to the ball. For that purpose, the B6s work.

christinamaniac7
07-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Guys, what about Nike Air CB 3.1? Is it good for clay? I've never had it so wondering how good is it?

Nuke
07-26-2011, 12:31 PM
You can't beat the price/performance ratio of the Prince T9's at $50.

Blackmamba24
08-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Prince T22

zapvor
08-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Thanks for your insights carolina racquet,

Just curious to know how's sliding on clay with these shoes? Well I see lots of people complaining about B6.0s on TW whereas mine is ok on HCs, I can't just rely on those reviews...

So if you've used them on clay as well, Is the sliding as good as Nike shoes?

haha i think we are definitely going beyond the boundary here. shoes are now an impact on sliding???? come on it's your technique. i have slid on clay from my stan smiths to nike vapors to barricades to prince OC1s to NBs and they are all the same. shoes dont affect your sliding lol

tennis-girl
09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I get leg cramps but only when I play on clay....could it be my shoes...

TopFH
09-01-2011, 08:04 PM
I've heard good comments about the Propulse 3.