PDA

View Full Version : Head IG Speed Users String Set Up

cnr1guy
07-22-2011, 05:54 AM
Just curious as what what people who use the IG Speeds are going for string set-ups. It apparent to me that this frame does not like Syn Gut (makes it play like a spring board).

Anyone using poly or hybrid, etc?

wao
07-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Just curious as what what people who use the IG Speeds are going for string set-ups. It apparent to me that this frame does not like Syn Gut (makes it play like a spring board).

Anyone using poly or hybrid, etc? You should post this in the string section. IMO the IG speeds are very sensitive to strings. I have 3 and still experminting on setups. Currently have one with NRG at 60, (54) Sensation X RPM (52) and Lux Savage 52 X NRG 54. So far I like the Savage setup the best. then the Sensation/RPM.

Peter_G
07-22-2011, 10:02 AM

Anyone using poly or hybrid, etc?

Black Code in mains and VS Nat in crosses

Recoveringhobo
07-22-2011, 07:25 PM
I just got a Speed 315 16x19 and had my friend string it up with Golden Set poly at 55 lbs which is the set up I use with my Dunlop 200. The racquet felt absolutely board like. Is the tension too high or should I not use full poly?

Maroon_Tenniskid
07-22-2011, 08:47 PM
full poly is horribly stiff and has absolutely no feel in this racket... Although I did like PLII at about 52 lbs. Beast XP sucked in this racket in a full set and with OGSM. BHB Was okay it was a bit too stiff though. I also tried a full bed of OGSM and it wasn't too bad, I liked the feel and everything, but it started moving too much and was just a mess to hit with after the first few days. Right now I have one with X-One Biphase at 54lbs and I like the feel, but not the string movement and lack of spin. I have my other with Tonic 15L mains and NRG2 crosses at 52lbs and that is my favorite setup so far although I used it once already and it was about to break after about 15 hours of play and I am not a string breaker. My next experiment will be Black5Edge and OG Sheep Micro hybrid, and I think this might be a winner b/c I heard B5E is soft for a poly and I know OGSM is relatively soft.