PDA

View Full Version : Best Hybrid for a Babolat Pure Storm GT for a Newbie?

Mikael Kolesaw
07-22-2011, 06:07 AM
Mains will be Signum Pro Poly-Plasma Pure 17 (1.23) String--strung at 52 lbs.

Need a cross.I have never had a hybrid before.First time I will be using it.

What multi is the best strung at 54 lbs(I read somewhere that crosses should be 2 lbs higher,is this true?)

I need a durable setup,lasting me about 2 months.3-4 hours/week.

I am open to trying whatever you experts have to say,I just picked the SPPP based on reviews.

greystar403
07-22-2011, 06:14 AM
i personally use Dunlop Comfort Synthetic because its cheap...

if price isnt a problem try Wilson NXT...

and doesnt have to be 2 pounds lower...most pros go even lower sometimes...sometimes higher :)

flashfire276
07-22-2011, 08:27 AM
If you're a newbie, start with a full bed of synthetic. Gosen OG Sheep Micro 16g.

The reason for that is because you're new, and you need to have a foundation to start when it comes to perfecting your racquet feel, and string choice. A standard synthetic is pretty much the "standard" in every aspect. It's not amazingly good at one thing, and it's not terrible at another. So when you learn from playing with synthetic, you'll know what you want next time when you buy new strings. Next thing you know, you'll be in depth with polys and asking for Genesis Typhoon 16g mains with Technifibre NRG2 16g crosses at 56 lbs in the mains, and 54 lbs in the crosses.

yem
07-22-2011, 10:00 AM
I play with the PSGT and I used a Co-Poly Hybrid of RPM 17 in the Mains and Luxilon BB Ace 18 crosses strung at 55-57 lbs. The difference in string gauge added a good bit of bite IMO and the 17g mains lasted longer than with a full 18g setup. The feel was great too. The strings life will all depend on how you play. I hit a fairly heave ball and this setup averaged about 10 hours of singles play, 20 or so doubles play.

Try the Ace 18 in the crosses, it isn't too expensive for a Lux string(~$13/set)

I have since moved to a full setup of Big Hitter Blue Rough 17 for price and due to the great reviews. BHBR cant be beat for price/performance IMO.