PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Adidas should....

got spin?
07-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Re-realease the B5? This was by far the best one to date, they should capitalize and re release it like the BII. I cant stand the Barricade 2, its looks are to shy and the comfort and durability it terrible. Adidas needs to bring back the Barricade V and get rid of that excuse for a shoe Barricade 2. They would sell more B5s than anything else in my opinion. So many people love these and I like them more than the B6 and will probably hate the B7 based on the small cushioning unit in the heel and the speedcut things on the side. Any one else think the same?

CHOcobo
07-22-2011, 08:16 AM
agreed. i have 3 pairs of the B5's. i love them! very stable and durable and roomy. im still using the pair i bought since 2009, but weared down pretty well now. one of them is 1/2 size too big and trying to sell it on the bay. the last one is on hold because it's the last one.

do you think they are even thinking about it? lol

got spin?
07-22-2011, 09:10 AM
i ope they are. I mean, is anyone even buying the B2? Ive never seen someone wearing them before.

Maroon_Tenniskid
07-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Well adidas does have that team competition shoe (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/adidas_Team_Competition_WhBkSilver/descpageMSADIDAS-AMTCWBS.html), which pretty much is the B5 but a slightly different upper. Don't get mad at me if they are completely different, because I haven't tried them and am just saying what I noticed about how they look and they look like they have the same key features.

The_Question
07-22-2011, 11:37 AM
i ope they are. I mean, is anyone even buying the B2? Ive never seen someone wearing them before.

My teammate wears Barricade II, and also I noticed 2 ladies in my indoor club rocks with them as well...

Personally, having both 5 & 6, I much prefer 6 cause I rolled my ankle much less in 6 than 5.

adidasman
07-22-2011, 11:52 AM
One would have to assume that they continue to sell the BII for a reason. And, since they are in business to make a profit, and they only make profit by selling things people want, someone must be buying them.

adidasman
07-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Personally, I prefer the B6 to the B5, though I like both; the B6 just fits better. The only pair of B5s I've ever owned (I tend to wear Feathers) are the miadidas version, and I do think they're a nice shoe, but the B6 seems better overall.

Maroon_Tenniskid
07-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Personally, I prefer the B6 to the B5, though I like both; the B6 just fits better. The only pair of B5s I've ever owned (I tend to wear Feathers) are the miadidas version, and I do think they're a nice shoe, but the B6 seems better overall.

I liked the grip and durability of the B6, but the fit was kind of awkward for me... I'm not sure if I got a size too big or what, because it seemed like the ball of my right foot was on the arch, but my toes were fairly close to the end of the shoe so I think it was just something weird with that shoe. I am getting my replacement pair soon in the mail and I hope they fit better because I actually did roll my right ankle because of the fit of the right shoe.

got spin?
07-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Well, me being mainly a nike shoe wearer, I only have two pairs of barricade 6s a clay pair and a hard court pair I got from my club. I have moved from wearing the Barricade 5 a few years ago to wearing the Zoom Breathe 2k10 for clay and the CB 3.3 and 2.3 and occasionally the vapor if Im going to have a long day on the court and I dont want to wear heavy boots like the CB that would wear my foot out after 5 hours. I will try the B7 and will be suprised if I like the fit.

Ash_Smith
07-22-2011, 01:03 PM
I wish they still sold the Barricade 2 over here, best shoe i've ever owned.

cheers

whomad15
07-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Dislike the B6, I feel very unstable in them so therefore I run slower (since I have to be more careful).
Love my 5's but they're starting to wear out...

adidasman
07-22-2011, 01:20 PM
The shoe conversations on here always amaze me. I have never had a problem with rolling an ankle or jamming my toes or feeling unstable or having an arch support hurt my instep - shoot, I can't even remember the last time I got a blister on the back of my heel! -and I've worn just about every kind of adidas shoe (from the early Rod Lavers and Nastases to the ATP Tour Fast to the original Barricade to the adiZero Feather) made in the last 40 years. I must have the most resilient, malleable feet on Earth. Thank you, Lord. :)

got spin?
07-22-2011, 03:45 PM
The shoe conversations on here always amaze me. I have never had a problem with rolling an ankle or jamming my toes or feeling unstable or having an arch support hurt my instep - shoot, I can't even remember the last time I got a blister on the back of my heel! -and I've worn just about every kind of adidas shoe (from the early Rod Lavers and Nastases to the ATP Tour Fast to the original Barricade to the adiZero Feather) made in the last 40 years. I must have the most resilient, malleable feet on Earth. Thank you, Lord. :)

Some people are just more injury prone than others. I tend to get more parallel with the court when stopping and starting so I dont roll my ankles as much, but me being 6 foot 5-6 I have to get more parallel with the court in order to stop safer.

MAXXply
07-22-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes bring back the B5 - in red, white and blue Lendl Supreme colours.

Does anyone know of any suitable replacement insoles that would fit the B5? Mine have worn right through.

frunk
07-22-2011, 04:03 PM
I prefer the B6 to the B5 by a mile.

rapidfire77
07-22-2011, 07:23 PM
i think they should make a B7, which is basically a B5 but lighten the crap out of it. that would be the ultimate shoe really.

B2 basically outclassed any other shoe at the time and i can still see a reason why they are still around...partially to justify newer models topping the $120 mark.

Jonny S&V
07-22-2011, 07:30 PM
One would have to assume that they continue to sell the BII for a reason. And, since they are in business to make a profit, and they only make profit by selling things people want, someone must be buying them.

Yup, my entire college team used the BII, as do two other schools in our conference.

Quoted for truth.

Maroon_Tenniskid
07-22-2011, 08:35 PM

I used to be that way... until the Vapor 6 gave me plantar fasciitis because that shoe was stronger than my foot haha. Anyways I didn't necessarily get hurt by the B6 it's just that the arch support being weird was a complaint I had because it caused some discomfort. but you are so lucky...