PDA

View Full Version : Head Extreme Grip

Fletch
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
I have two Head Youtek IG Extreme MP and I can't get used to the grips.

Does anyone else think these grips are shaped really strange? They seem kind of think on two sides making it feel smaller than it really is.

Has any customized the grip or have any suggestions for customizing?

Thanks for your response.

Fletch

Fuji
07-22-2011, 11:37 AM
It's not just the Extreme's! Almost every Head racket has it minus the Speed. That's the biggest problem with my Prestige's I find.

I've only had luck in getting 1 speed pallet so far, but I'm on the hunt for more!

If you didn't know, Head rackets use a pallet system for the grip, so if possible you can buy the pallets from other members here or off old Speeds, and then put them on your Extreme! :)

-Fuji

Fletch
07-22-2011, 11:38 AM
What is a pallet??

RoughOG
07-22-2011, 12:13 PM
The pallet is well the grip's handle, for HEAD they have made them to be changeable on TW europe you can buy head speed pallets which may help you out. To me I actually love prestige handle shapes. :p

wao
07-22-2011, 12:21 PM
I have two Head Youtek IG Extreme MP and I can't get used to the grips.

Does anyone else think these grips are shaped really strange? They seem kind of think on two sides making it feel smaller than it really is.

Has any customized the grip or have any suggestions for customizing?

Thanks for your response.

Fletch If you want to make it more like a prince/wilson you can add several pieces of electrical tape on the two flat sides making it more round. For me personally i like the shape of the grip and find it hard playing with other when I get the wim to demo new sticks.

Fed Kennedy
07-22-2011, 01:47 PM
It's a pain in the *** but just tape it up to your liking and then throw a bab skin feel or other thin grip over it.

movdqa
07-22-2011, 02:42 PM
I just had a pallet/buttcap set arrive from TWE today and will put it on a hairpin this afternoon. You can order the old style or the more squarish style. I'm fine with either - I used to use Head racquets a while ago and was okay with the shape.