PDA

View Full Version : great hybrid - cyclone/energy

rcole
07-23-2011, 07:00 AM
I thought I would share my love for this combination - Volkl Cyclone 17G mains at 52 lbs with polystar engery 17G crosses at 54 lbs.

I had been using Genesis Typhoon at 52 lbs during the indoor season but when i went outdoors to har tru Typhoon didn't feel the same. I could not swing out without the ball flying long.

I tried Polyfibre Black Venon Rough. Played nice but too lively. Still could not swing out and feel confident.

I rarely hybrid but I thought I would try the cyclone/energy combination. I've played this combo 3-4 times and it has been awesome. Perfect fit for my racket and swingspeed. I can swing out and the ball does that look like its going out but then dives in thing.

I play with the pacific x force racket and the combination of this frame with the cyclone/energy is worth a try.

I string my own rackets and restring after 8-10 hours not matter which poly I am playing with. I plan to stay with this combo through the outdoor season.

Matchball
07-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Funny, I have recently been considering (haven't tried it yet) a very similar setup. Cyclone mains with Black widow crosses !!

A low powered, control oriented poly (not too lively feeling) complimented with a spin friendly, soft-as-possible one. Came across your post and I guess you must have followed the same logic :).

I am happy to see that it worked fine.