PDA

View Full Version : Softness between Gosen Super and Forten Sweet Gold?

TripleB
07-23-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm looking for a low-cost (under $5) synthetic gut cross string (to go with a poly main) that has a softness feel in between the crisper feel of the Gosen OG Sheep Micro Super 16L and the 'little too mushy' feel of the Forten Synthetic Gut Sweet 16g in Gold color. I thought I liked the gold Forten in a hybrid but with the softer flex of my 4D 300s, it's a little too soft.

Any recommendations?

I'm thinking the Forten Synthetic Gut Sweet 16g in Natural color might be the best bet but I'm looking at any other options.

Thanks.

TripleB

MuscleWeave
07-23-2011, 10:53 AM
I have a pack of Cyberflash 1.20 and a pack of Sweet Gold 16. I was going to do a CF/Sweet hybrid, but I just remembered trying CF/Forten Nylon in the past. I found that the CF really overpowered the Nylon. Would you know how much stiffer the Sweet is than Forten Nylon? I would like to use it on a poly/syn gut combination with cyberflash if you think it will hold up. Should I hold back from using the Sweet for this purpose?

There was a post recently recommending Forten Sweet with a crisp poly in a syn gut/poly combination. Do you think this would work well with the CF?

MuscleWeave
07-23-2011, 10:58 AM
I've used the Gosen Super in a full bed once. The strings travelled around alot, but they may behave better in a hybrid.

Matchball
07-23-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm looking for a low-cost (under $5) cross string (to go with a poly main) that has a softness feel...

TripleB

I haven't tried your reference strings, but I am sure you could try Pro Supex Titan :)