PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturing Variance

Ben Hadd
07-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Who, as a company has the strictest quality control standards? Which racquet is going to feel almost exactly like the last, via brand stamp? I know, mod your racquet to what feels right, and I do.
I would enjoy finding a brand where every racquet will have similar specs. I usually play with Head racquets, have never had 2 of the same though. Using a PDGT atm. Always seeking/demo'n for that golden grail, lol. (plus its fun to just hit with every racquet you can)

Fuji
07-23-2011, 08:29 AM
Fischer is top of the line, they are now called Pacific!

They are the only company with actual Zero Tolerance. Every racket I've tested from them have been DEAD on specs.

Another few brands with solid QC are: Dunlop, Yonex, and Pro Kennex.

Volkl is pretty solid as well, but the above are some of my favorites for QC.

-Fuji

Ben Hadd
07-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Fischer is top of the line, they are now called Pacific!

They are the only company with actual Zero Tolerance. Every racket I've tested from them have been DEAD on specs.

Another few brands with solid QC are: Dunlop, Yonex, and Pro Kennex.

Volkl is pretty solid as well, but the above are some of my favorites for QC.

-Fuji

Thx Fuji. I think ima demo some sticks from those brands.

Fuji
07-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Thx Fuji. I think ima demo some sticks from those brands.

For sure! Pacific's policy is actually No Tolerance so they are great, you'll get exactly what you are ordering with them!

-Fuji

corbind
07-23-2011, 10:36 PM
I ordered two identical Prince sticks from TW which were 3 grams different. I suspect most people (like me) would not notice much difference. Still, it's nice some companies like Pacific don't have variances!

ced
07-24-2011, 06:24 AM
Who, as a company has the strictest quality control standards? Which racquet is going to feel almost exactly like the last, via brand stamp? I know, mod your racquet to what feels right, and I do.
I would enjoy finding a brand where every racquet will have similar specs. I usually play with Head racquets, have never had 2 of the same though. Using a PDGT atm. Always seeking/demo'n for that golden grail, lol. (plus its fun to just hit with every racquet you can)

IMHO it is Kneissl followed closely by Fischer. Both are ski makers and niche tennis racquet providers. My three Kneissl Black Stars acquired over a 3 month period from different locations (including one overseas) match weight and balance without variance in stock form, which is something I've never had happen before.

TennisMaverick
07-24-2011, 02:30 PM
IMHO it is Kneissl followed closely by Fischer. Both are ski makers and niche tennis racquet providers. My three Kneissl Black Stars acquired over a 3 month period from different locations (including one overseas) match weight and balance without variance in stock form, which is something I've never had happen before.

It was like that BITD as well. IMPO, it is because the stick is molded in one piece, so the only variable is the grip, and since they come with uniformly made syn grips, much cannot go wrong.