PDA

View Full Version : Deal of the year for me

Up&comer
07-23-2011, 01:53 PM
So whenever I go to tournaments that are held at clubs, I got to the pro shop in search of one thing. Demos for sale.

At this last tournament, I saw a virtually new donnay x-orange 99 that was a demo that they were selling.

Now I personally like the feel of donnays, but they can be so darn expensive.

This one? 110 bucks. And that was strung along with some buttcap weights and other stuff.

I bought it simply on that merit. Upon closer inspection, I realized what it was strung with.

TB mains and vs team crosses. And believe me when I tell you it plays beautifully.

So I got a virtually new x-orange with a gut stringjob for 110 bucks.

Just felt proud of that.

Fuji
07-23-2011, 02:02 PM
WOAH! Very nice!! :D

That's a great find!

-Fuji

MavsTennis
07-23-2011, 06:37 PM
So whenever I go to tournaments that are held at clubs, I got to the pro shop in search of one thing. Demos for sale.

At this last tournament, I saw a virtually new donnay x-orange 99 that was a demo that they were selling.

This one? 110 bucks. And that was strung along with some buttcap weights and other stuff.

I bought it simply on that merit. Upon closer inspection, I realized what it was strung with.

TB mains and vs team crosses. And believe me when I tell you it plays beautifully.

Just felt proud of that.

Nice steal! None of the demos at my club pro shop are ever any good.

the Town Sherif
07-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Awesome deal

Power Player
07-23-2011, 07:05 PM
Congrats...sick racquet with an awesome setup for it as well.

suppawat
07-23-2011, 07:16 PM

Just felt proud of that.

Nice find. Do let us know how it plays in comparison to your Babolat APDGT.

Up&comer
07-24-2011, 04:30 AM
Nice find. Do let us know how it plays in comparison to your Babolat APDGT.

It's much different.

Donnays have a feel that's very different than any racket I've hit with.

Even though it says it's stiffness is 70, it feels like it's in the mid 50s and hits like it too.

The thing I like about it is that is soft and flexy without being unstable.

The one beef I have with this racket is that it has less power as well as less spin that my apdgt. That's why I'm probably going to stick with my babs.

In short, donnay is slightly heavier, less power and spin, softer, and slightly more stable compared to my apdgt.

tennisDMD
07-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Nice find! I was able to score a KPS88 in great condition for $25 off craigslist so I'd recommend keeping an eye on that once in a while.

MavsTennis
07-24-2011, 01:40 PM
Nice find! I was able to score a KPS88 in great condition for $25 off craigslist so I'd recommend keeping an eye on that once in a while.

Wow, very nice! Saw an ad on craigslist for the original APD for $30, but missed it by a couple of hours..

rallyguy
08-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Just curious as I may be in the market for one. Demoing the x-red 99 now and really like it and am considering try more of them out. Thanks