PDA

View Full Version : BEST POWER and SPIN STRING

RFedJXZCR7
07-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I would like to switch strings from RPM blast 17g. I saw another thread suggesting Genesis black magic and signum pro tornado and the signum pro hyperion. I wanna know which has the best pwer, and especially POP. Additionally, I would like to know which string offers the most spin, preferrrably an octagonal shape. If anyone knows of any black-colored (preferably but any dark or blue is fine) that fits the above description plz let me know. BTW i use a Babolat Pure drive roddick plus(cortex non-GT) and am planning on getting a Aeropro drive GT plus with the new strings
THANKS ALOT!!!!!!:)

Torres
07-23-2011, 03:54 PM
BHBR is the best string for a combination of power and spin.

Just spray it black with some spray paint and use a nanometer grade surgical laser to cut some extra sides to it so it becomes octagonal shaped.

Smasher08
07-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Try MSV Heptatwist.

Kaz00
07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Solinco Tour Bites or Solinco Barb Wire

hebrewhammer
07-23-2011, 05:11 PM
bhbr by far.
YOU ARE WELCOME :)

Mig1NC
07-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Well, asking for POWER is asking for natural gut.

I'm just saying. Poly isn't meant for power.

Overheadsmash
07-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Natural gut mains - the Babolat tonic stuff works fine. Cross with Gamma Zo Twist. Great power, feel, and that Zo twist really bites into the ball. I get great pace and control with this setup and have been using it all summer with good results. Arm never hurts either. I have it strung at 58 lbs in a Dunlop Aerogel 4D 500 Tour.

TenFanLA
07-23-2011, 07:00 PM
No poly is going to have the power of gut and no gut will have the spin of a poly. But assuming you are talking about polys: (1) BHBR 17g - combo of heavy spin, power are unparalled. Comfort is also very good for a poly. The only thing is you have to "man enough" to walk around with powder blue strings in your stick. (2) Volkl Cyclone 18g - excellent spin, a little less power than BHBR, good comfort. Comes in masculine black.

topspin18
07-23-2011, 07:26 PM
bhbr is definetly the most powerful poly. tieds tons of polys and if power and spin is what you want it is a must have.

joshj2112
07-23-2011, 08:35 PM
I agree with the solinco barbwire

Torres
07-24-2011, 01:06 AM
The only thing is you have to "man enough" to walk around with powder blue strings in your stick.

LOL. TenFan, you kill me. I think the blue looks great. I actually like the fact that it looks different / makes you look different...set against the black and red BLXs its just the business! It even looks good in the white and gold BLXs. Nothing like individuality! Black strings are just too ubiquitous now.

Machspeed
07-24-2011, 05:56 AM
No poly is going to have the power of gut and no gut will have the spin of a poly. But assuming you are talking about polys: (1) BHBR 17g - combo of heavy spin, power are unparalled. Comfort is also very good for a poly. The only thing is you have to "man enough" to walk around with powder blue strings in your stick. (2) Volkl Cyclone 18g - excellent spin, a little less power than BHBR, good comfort. Comes in masculine black.

Does this string not come in silver? Same string but available in either silver or blue???

Mig1NC
07-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Does this string not come in silver? Same string but available in either silver or blue???

Yes, but the different dye makes it play differently.

Every string I've ever heard of plays differently in different colors.

Same with overgrips. The same overgrip in different colors will have different properties for tackiness or moisture handling.

TenFanLA
07-24-2011, 07:46 AM

The Big Hitter SILVER Rough BHSR is not the same string as BHBlueR. BHSR is still relatively soft for a poly but it has less pop and spin than BHBR. It is a little more control oriented.

dekko1
07-24-2011, 12:14 PM
I have been playing with Yonex Polytour Pro 125 for about 1 month. IMO great combination of power and spin. Best string with grip on the ball and it is a smooth string.

got spin?
07-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Try Gosen Sidewinder.

alexz
07-24-2011, 02:20 PM

Well, asking for POWER is asking for natural gut.

I'm just saying. Poly isn't meant for power.

BHBR and Cyclone, both at 18, are the two best polys I've tried so far. Looking for comfort, control and some pop they do well. I also tend to use them in hybrids with gut mains for that extra power that poly doesnt supply.
Best of both worlds really and not as expensive as the full gut option but I do believe that the full gut experience must be lived once in a while.

TenFanLA
07-24-2011, 02:54 PM
LOL. TenFan, you kill me. I think the blue looks great. I actually like the fact that it looks different / makes you look different...set against the black and red BLXs its just the business! It even looks good in the white and gold BLXs. Nothing like individuality! Black strings are just too ubiquitous now.

I remember in high school this guy showed up with SHOCK PINK strings and my whole team was making fun of him ("Hey I like your strings. Does it match your skirt?") When he won all 4 singles sets 6-0, they weren't snickering anymore. We found out he was #3 in FL juniors and had moved to LA.

Torres
07-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I remember in high school this guy showed up with SHOCK PINK strings and my whole team was making fun of him ("Hey I like your strings. Does it match your skirt?") When he won all 4 singles sets 6-0, they weren't snickering anymore. We found out he was #3 in FL juniors and had moved to LA.

Haha, I know what you mean. Polys have always come in strange colors (though I've never seen pink). SPPP has always been orange AFAIK, and even the Prince polys are bright green. In comparison, blue BHBR strings, are pretty sobre in comparison IMO.

As with your high school acqaintance , the few people that I know who are 'ultra loud' with their equipment or apparel usually have the strokes to back it up. They would look like a clown on the court if they didn't!

steve260z
07-24-2011, 04:13 PM
BHBR I would say. Black code 18 isn't bad either. Tons of spin and good power.

kiteboard
07-24-2011, 08:34 PM
bhbr/nrg2..

genius24
07-25-2011, 01:18 AM
solinco tour bite or barb wire for spin

RFedJXZCR7
07-26-2011, 07:42 PM
haha thanx 4 the replies, much appreciated. BTW can we explain the shortened names?? whats BHBR??lots hav been recomending it. BTW what bout Genesis black magic?? ANd i would like only poly strings, thanx.

RFedJXZCR7
07-26-2011, 07:50 PM
so should i get big hitter rough, or just regular Big Hitter??

TenFanLA
07-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Big Hitter Blue Rough > Big Hitter Blue in spin and power

From what I've heard Black Magic is a very good string but not tons of spin. Cyclone might be a better option for spin.

RFedJXZCR7
07-26-2011, 08:12 PM
ok thanx...so is BHBR hav a lot of POP though??

RFedJXZCR7
07-26-2011, 08:12 PM
how would u compare BHBR to RPM Blast in terms of POP, SPIN, and POWER??cuz thats what i hav on right now, rpm blast

nadalex
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
how would u compare BHBR to RPM Blast in terms of POP, SPIN, and POWER??cuz thats what i hav on right now, rpm blast

BHBR was better in all 3 categories from my experience. RPM was only good for 2 hrs then everything dropped

TenFanLA
07-26-2011, 09:29 PM
BHBR has the most pop, power and spin combo of all the polys I've used, certainly more than RPM. That's why so many people are recommending it to you.

kiteboard
07-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Nrg2 on the crosses for max. power/touch. The bhbr does not matter at what tension you string, it feels the same, alone in that regard.

Ross K
07-26-2011, 11:48 PM
Of strings I've tried I'd like to give a shout out to Genesis Typhoon. I really found a very nice combination of power and spin. As much commented on, BHBR definitely has that power/spin combo in spades. I also found Black Code and MSV weren't exactly lacking in spin and oomph. But my personal fave and the string I consider to have that certain 'x factor' though is Tour Bite.

Squidward
07-27-2011, 01:21 AM
You can try Obdura Rev or the Penta (5 sided).

DrpShot!
07-27-2011, 06:52 AM
BHBR scored tops for spin in a USRSA playtest a few months back, definitely worth a try.

mixedmedia
10-20-2011, 02:39 PM
I know it's been a few months since anyone has posted in this thread, but I figured it was better than starting a new one. Is BHBR still the consensus for most spin and power? And what about WC TT? (Btw, the friend I'm asking this for has stated he does not care about tension loss or control, so...)

Teski
10-20-2011, 02:46 PM
BHBR I would say. Black code 18 isn't bad either. Tons of spin and good power.

I have been loving VS Touch 16 in the mains with Black Code 18 in the crosses. Great power/pop and very nice bite/spin on the ball. Also doesn't seem to aggravate my TE/GE.

Tennis_Crazed
10-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Tour Bite or Luxilon Spin for the most spin. I've tried BHBR and it felt plasticy like the MSV strings. Anyone feel the same way?

getsby
10-20-2011, 04:27 PM
guys, what is BHBR? :?

mixedmedia
10-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Big Hitter Blue Rough.

getsby
10-20-2011, 05:08 PM
thanks! )))

mixedmedia
10-20-2011, 05:10 PM
No problem.

JT_2eighty
10-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Most Power in a poly is Polystar Energy and Turbo. But out of those two, Turbo has way more spin potential, so for power + spin = Polystar Turbo, no contest.

mixedmedia
10-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback.