PDA

View Full Version : Head Intellitour tension

Boricua
07-23-2011, 07:36 PM
What is a tension recommendation for this string to have softness but not so much power? I use a Yonex RDIS 100 MP.

Uvijek Argen
07-23-2011, 08:14 PM
55 libras.

Boricua
07-23-2011, 08:36 PM
55 libras.

Gracias, tratare esa recomendacion.

Smasher08
07-24-2011, 12:31 AM
Great string. The 17g is definitely something special.

Uvijek Argen
07-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Yes, indeed a great string, no matter the gauge.:)

http://i53.tinypic.com/2s76jq0.jpg

Irakli
07-25-2011, 03:34 AM
Intellitourís cross strings losses much more tension then the main string. This is from the RSI string ratings:
String Material Gauge Stiffness (lbs/in.) Tension loss (lbs)
Intellitour 17 (Cross) Polyolefin 1.28 136 15.14
Intellitour 17 (Main) Nylon / Polyolefin 1.30 177 10.87
Itís also said, that the cross string is very much like the Isospeed Professional Classic, which has the recomendation to be strung 10% higher due to somewhat massive initial tension loss.
With all that said, I strung my Liquidmetal Radical with Intellitour 25.5 mains and 28 crosses. Right off the stringing machine it felt pretty stiff just by smacking on the palm, but overnight it did loosen up, and played great for almost 4 weeks.

Hope that helps.
Irakli

Boricua
07-25-2011, 03:38 AM
How does Intellitour compare to Babolat Excel in terms of softness and power?

mikeler
07-25-2011, 04:41 AM
How does Intellitour compare to Babolat Excel in terms of softness and power?

Power level is close but Xcel has more control and is definitely softer.

Boricua
07-25-2011, 05:45 AM
Power level is close but Xcel has more control and is definitely softer.

Is Intellitour better in any way?

dgoran
07-25-2011, 06:09 AM
Intellitourís cross strings losses much more tension then the main string. This is from the RSI string ratings:
String Material Gauge Stiffness (lbs/in.) Tension loss (lbs)
Intellitour 17 (Cross) Polyolefin 1.28 136 15.14
Intellitour 17 (Main) Nylon / Polyolefin 1.30 177 10.87
Itís also said, that the cross string is very much like the Isospeed Professional Classic, which has the recomendation to be strung 10% higher due to somewhat massive initial tension loss.
With all that said, I strung my Liquidmetal Radical with Intellitour 25.5 mains and 28 crosses. Right off the stringing machine it felt pretty stiff just by smacking on the palm, but overnight it did loosen up, and played great for almost 4 weeks.

Hope that helps.
Irakli

I am not sure if you know this BUT It is important to mention that RSI string tension loss does not translate well to real life. Their method of testing is not designed to measure long term tension loss and this can provide some misleading conclusions if you are solely relying on RSI data to draw conclusion about the string.

Re Isospeed I am fairly certain that Isospeed is one of the contracted manufacturers for head strings.

mikeler
07-25-2011, 06:14 AM

Possibly durability but I did not play with Intellitour to breakage.

Boricua
07-25-2011, 06:45 AM
Possibly durability but I did not play with Intellitour to breakage.

I think maybe better spin potential.

Uvijek Argen
07-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Hola Boricua,

How to put it in a right way by my experience?....Put it in this way, I hit my head in the wall for spend in so much strings (newer hypes and such) when the string that work for me its been around for more than 7 years.:)

The feel that I have its the feel I always thought natural gut have, in fact, it feels like it, but with poly spin. I bought them a month ago and I did love it, but I had a reel of mosquito bite and need to finished it(so I cut them, stupid me). Well didn't pass of 10 jobs from that reel (mosquito bite) string it at 48# that got tennis elbow again(I know its my own problem/situation and every arm is different) and went back to Intellitour.

Feel is muted like BHBR but with the same amount of control and create such of consistency in the ground strokes that you will feel like Ferrer:). You wont have strings getting dead, and the perception of tension loss from the pass poster is misleading somehow. I don't think about it, if I think about it it will get in my head and I wont be able to think in my game, and so you.

I personally dont like to post or try to convince anybody to use such and such string. In fact, Im a little bit selfish and think "the less people play with this ...the better".;-)

PS. Espero que te guste si la compras.

Irakli
07-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I am not sure if you know this BUT It is important to mention that RSI string tension loss does not translate well to real life. Their method of testing is not designed to measure long term tension loss and this can provide some misleading conclusions if you are solely relying on RSI data to draw conclusion about the string.

Re Isospeed I am fairly certain that Isospeed is one of the contracted manufacturers for head strings.

Yes, I'm aware of that, thank you.

I have a habbit to string the crosses 1kg higher than mains when stringing the same string for M/X, so for Intellitour, I went further as I had a good reason. Nothing sinister, it worked for me, so I shared, that's all.

Good luck,
Irakli

JT_2eighty
07-25-2011, 01:47 PM

More control and easier on the arm. Good durability for a multi too.

Boricua
07-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Hola Boricua,

How to put it in a right way by my experience?....Put it in this way, I hit my head in the wall for spend in so much strings (newer hypes and such) when the string that work for me its been around for more than 7 years.:)

The feel that I have its the feel I always thought natural gut have, in fact, it feels like it, but with poly spin. I bought them a month ago and I did love it, but I had a reel of mosquito bite and need to finished it(so I cut them, stupid me). Well didn't pass of 10 jobs from that reel (mosquito bite) string it at 48# that got tennis elbow again(I know its my own problem/situation and every arm is different) and went back to Intellitour.

Feel is muted like BHBR but with the same amount of control and create such of consistency in the ground strokes that you will feel like Ferrer:). You wont have strings getting dead, and the perception of tension loss from the pass poster is misleading somehow. I don't think about it, if I think about it it will get in my head and I wont be able to think in my game, and so you.

I personally dont like to post or try to convince anybody to use such and such string. In fact, Im a little bit selfish and think "the less people play with this ...the better".;-)

PS. Espero que te guste si la compras.

Well. I used Polyfibre TCS today and I liked it with the Babolat Aeroprodrive that I am using on and off for three years. Im trying to soften the stringbed as much as I can. TCS comes now in 18 guage and maybe Ill do a full bed or use Mantis Comfort Synthetic as a cross.

But, Intellitour sounds intriguing and is not expensive. Seems you like it alot, so Ill give it a try.

Nada que perder.:)

mikeler
07-26-2011, 09:33 AM
More control and easier on the arm. Good durability for a multi too.

You think RIP has more control than Xcel?

Boricua
07-26-2011, 09:58 AM
How does Intellitour compare with Intellistring? Ordered both but just wondering.

JT_2eighty
07-26-2011, 10:19 AM
You think RIP has more control than Xcel?

Yea, Xcel for me was a launcher, while Intellitour was much less powered. This is from someone who hits a flatter, eastern FH.

mikeler
07-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Yea, Xcel for me was a launcher, while Intellitour was much less powered. This is from someone who hits a flatter, eastern FH.

I suppose that makes sense.