PDA

View Full Version : Klip Optic Nerve

A Defenseless Creature
07-24-2011, 04:47 AM
Interested in opinions/impressions of the Klip Optic Nerve by those who have played it. Did some quick searches and did not find much. The threads where reviewers combine all their reviews are hard to sort through without knowing if it is in there or what page it might be on. Appreciate any responses.

spdskr
07-24-2011, 05:25 AM
I have it currently in a gut hybrid as a cross string. My only experience with it. It is soft for a poly and has maintained tension well. It has also done a great job of preserving the gut. It does feel lower powered and more muted than stiffer polys.

PED
07-24-2011, 05:41 AM
I played with a few sets this winter. Not a bad string: good power but the bite isn't as strong as something like Solinco Tour Bite.

Similar IMO to ProLine 2. I liked it ok but def wouldn't consider using it permanently.

Gasolina
07-24-2011, 06:21 AM
Strung it at 42 lbs and did ok. Thought Barb Wire at 42 lbs was better in the long run.

I did notice a pretty loose feeling and it was one of the earliest low poly's to die on me. I thought it would do better at a higher tension but its not exactly what I was looking for.

Still TCS at 50lbs is the best for me.