PDA

View Full Version : play with extended racquet and standard

westpac690
07-24-2011, 05:00 AM
I play with a couple of BPDR GT+ racquets and was thinking about getting one of the standard sized racquets for those days when I'm slow getting the racquet head around or generally just not hitting well and too slow on the court.
I was wondering if anyone already does this? If so, do you find any huge difference in how you and or the racquets play?

movdqa
07-24-2011, 06:02 AM
I prefer extended racquets but they are hard to come by. I'm thinking about going back to SL.

whomad15
07-24-2011, 09:37 AM
My only comparison is the POG OS vs POG LB.
the longbody actually was much quicker to move around because it was so much more head light and also lighter.
My only problem with an extended racquet is getting jammed.
You could just add a little weight to the handle of one of the racquets to make it more headlight.

OldButGame
07-24-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm notorious for jumping around from racquet to racquet (see sig). Doesnt really do my game any good,...but I have fun doing it.

To the point,..one thing i learned in this process is that, its really hard to throw an 'extra long' into the mix with standard lengths (or vice versa) IMO,...the change is that big of a jump at least for me. I can adapt pretty quickly amongst the standard length sticks,..but the Kneissl (27.5in), takes much more time to adapt to.:-?