PDA

View Full Version : Trying to spaghetti string

Spiel
07-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Hello.

I know I cannot use it on the tournament. But I still want to try some spaghetti string on my tacquets just for fun.
So I googled about it for a few hours, but I still have some unanswered curiosity.

Hope you guys can give me some answer.

1. Will it be possible to spaghetti string my EXO3 racquet with port grommet?
If possible, which one will be better? EXO3 with port grommet or typical racquet with typical grommet?

2. Which size teflon tube should i buy? will 1.5mm teflon tube works fine with 1.25-1.30mm string?

3. If I use poly string for spaghetti, will it work fine without teflon tube because they got teflon coated already?

4. What string will work best? Poly? Gut? Syn? and I also want to know about right string tension for spaghetti.
Some guys recommended me something like 25-35lbs but i think this is too low, isn't it?

Thanks

kiteboard
07-24-2011, 08:56 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/161e1ko.jpg spaghetti job with spin a lings
http://i53.tinypic.com/28s2c28.jpg Feds' string a lings
See feds string a lings? He uses them for spin. Do this and it will give more spin than any other job.

Spiel
07-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Do this and it will give more spin than any other job.

I've seen first pic while googling, but I'm a bit skeptical about it.

I think the original spaghetti could provide more string movement since there is no weaved string in spaghetti stringing.

kiteboard
07-24-2011, 07:49 PM
That's someone who has never tried it. Why do you even comment on it without experience, anyway? How hard would it be to try it.

diredesire
07-25-2011, 07:59 AM
spaghetti job with spin a lings
Feds' string a lings
See feds string a lings? He uses them for spin. Do this and it will give more spin than any other job.

That's not a spaghetti string job, yo. Spaghetti stringing generally means that the strings aren't woven traditionally.

To answer OP:

1) Yes, it just depends on how you want to do the spaghetti stringing. There is no "standard" spaghetti job, but there are loose guidelines to how it should be done. Generally speaking, the mains are free-moving, and the strings are not (traditionally) woven.

1)There's no benefit to using a traditional racquet, other than string ports mandate the string to run specific directions/through specific holes. if you had string/grommet inserts, it'd be essentially equivalent.

2)Teflon tubing is not essential, but that should work fine.

3) Poly strings are not (as a given) teflon coated, but you don't need the tubing, so moot point.

4) No "perfect" spaghetti string, the main benefit is from the free-moving string model of stringing. Tension is also up to you, I'd start loose (<40 lbs). The effects of the stringing are not so easy to apply "rules of thumb" to. The effects are much more unpredictable due to the free-moving strings. 25-30 isn't "too low," it only promotes the free movement of the string. I would basically sum it up in a sentence: "It's not science."