PDA

View Full Version : Gosen OG in a hybrid

westpac690
07-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Currently I'm using NXT tour 17 and Big Banger Alu Power 125 at 58 lbs. I love the set up, love how it feels, etc... Only thing is I'm popping the NXT fairly quickly and it is an expensive hybrid to string.
I was thinking about trying Gosen OG 17 as a replacement for the NXT. Anybody have any experience with it? How does it play in comparison, and is it any more durable than the NXT? My local shops don't carry Gosen, so I'd have to order it and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the trouble.

Up&comer
07-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Currently I'm using NXT tour 17 and Big Banger Alu Power 125 at 58 lbs. I love the set up, love how it feels, etc... Only thing is I'm popping the NXT fairly quickly and it is an expensive hybrid to string.
I was thinking about trying Gosen OG 17 as a replacement for the NXT. Anybody have any experience with it? How does it play in comparison, and is it any more durable than the NXT? My local shops don't carry Gosen, so I'd have to order it and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the trouble.

Well, I had much the same problem. Synthetics are stiffer than multis, which is what NXT is.

Gosen is the stiffest and boardiest synthetic I've used.

I'd suggest looking at babolat addiction. It's a great multi at a good price.