PDA

View Full Version : Customizing a Head Youtek Extreme MP

samurai13
07-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Hey Everyone,
I am currently using the Head Youtek Extreme MP racket and lately it has begun to feel very unstable and unsturdy especially on anything close to an off-center hit. I would like to bring it's 10.4oz up to about a 11oz in weight using lead tape... I am a novice when it comes to using lead tape so where would I put it and how much to achieve this goal? thank you everyone help would be much appreciated!
rock on
SAMurai

Fuji
07-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Since you want stability, add some lead at 3 And 9. (Both sides of the racket).

Then since you're using a Head, it should have the Trap Door buttcap. Just pop it open and add some lead or sticky tack in there until you are around the same balance that you were when you started, and voila! More stability and close to same balance if done correctly! :)

-Fuji

samurai13
07-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Since you want stability, add some lead at 3 And 9. (Both sides of the racket).

Then since you're using a Head, it should have the Trap Door buttcap. Just pop it open and add some lead or sticky tack in there until you are around the same balance that you were when you started, and voila! More stability and close to same balance if done correctly! :)

-Fuji

Thanks Man... yeah I was planning on doing some at 3 and 9... about how much of 1/4 inch width tape should I use there? also how much in buttcap?