PDA

View Full Version : Dunlp 200G vs Head LM Prestige mid?

GregOz
07-03-2005, 04:50 AM
Im still scratching around for a possible replacement for my Prestige mids (Id like to try something with a little more power and a slightly larger head) and the 200G came up as a likely prospect. Going on the published specifications it has a lower swingweight (which would be appreciated), same flex rating (I prefer good flex), slightly less weight and a little bit bigger headsize (95sq is a big as I would want to go). That all looks pretty promising and it is a very tempting price through TW at the moment.

Due to the cost Im quite content just buying one and seeing how it goes but I thought Id ask for a few opinions first.

Can anyone who has hit with both give me some impressions of how the 200G compares in playability?

AndrewD
07-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Sorry Greg, Ive only hit with the Prestige line. A few I know who use the 200G say it plays stiff but Im not really sure what they mean by that. The Dunlop should, going on specs, play solid but with good flex. The low swingweight is also an interesting proposition. Reviews suggest it is heavy but, as you'd know playing the Prestige, it's not as heavy as the LM Prestige mid and definately would swing lighter. Id guess that its a low powered frame with good control. Compared to the Prestige you'd probably get an increase in power and spin potential but not an overwhelming jump.