PDA

View Full Version : CB 3.3 vs CB 2.3 ( & Barricade 6)

bryanalban
07-24-2011, 11:00 PM
Wondering if you guys could help me with some info.

Do the Nike CB 3.3 fit the same as the 2.3? I was at a store and tried on the 3.3 and seemed to like them (I did it real quick without the proper socks). Then I noticed TW had the 2.3 on sale. So wondering if the 3.3 fit, will the 2.3 also fit.

Another related question, how would you compare the fit of the CB 3.3/2.3 with the Barricade 6's?

Thanks

gino
07-25-2011, 12:02 AM
3.3's are really narrow, while 2.3's are a lot wider

I currently own a pair of all three shoes, and here's my opinion (keep in mind that everyone has a different foot type and general style preference).

CourtB 2.3:

Very low to the ground offering in the aggressive line from Nike. This one takes the 1.3 and throws down some impressive improvements - being that the weight is dramatically reduced, toe-drag areas and key sliding areas are beefed up. Also, the shoe is really stable from anywhere on the court. I have a wide foot and this one gave me plenty of room to work with after a 3-5 day break in period. Durable shoe and worth every dime. I actually went through 3 pairs of these shoes, loved them all - much better offering than the Vapor 7 for me.

CourtB 3.3:

Nike really decided to renovate the Courtballistec line this year. The fit is more tight in the forefoot and the shoe is centered towards the forefoot area. The improved drag-on section in the upper is great for sliders and toe draggers. I appreciated the heel cushioning and great traction in this offering. However, with a wide foot the 3.3 was not doable for me. I still have a pair but they mainly sit around the house. This iteration of the Courtballistec line is a lot less breathable than previous models, however that seems to be an intentional move from Nike - as to say that their focus is on stability improvement for this model. The forefoot was actually so tight that it began cutting off circulation to my feet. Since then I have decided to move to the Vapor 8's and I am beyond pleased with the improved fit. All in all, I would say this is a great shoe and an improvement from Nike - if only my feet could comfortably work with the fit!

Barricade VI:

Having used the Barricade V for a short time, I was anxious to see what the VI had to offer. I just picked up these shoes about a month ago. I am very pleased with the result. While my main shoe is the Vapor 8 of which I have a couple pairs, I love training in the Barricade 6. The forefoot is just wide enough for me and the traction is superb! Unlike any other shoe in the traction department, I can start and stop on a dime. Lateral and medial support are another area in which this shoe shines. I am pleased to say that the Barricade 6 is a big time improvement and a great shoe for the all court player. I feel quick in these shoes, despite rumors that they are bulky.

My suggestion: take a trip to your local golf smith or tennis retailer and try each shoe on. Although you probably won't be able to find a 2.3 now.

Good luck!

Murray_fan1
07-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Yeah I agree with the tight fit of the CB 3.3- almost bought a pair at the Rack but decided against it due the poor fit for my foot. Very narrow and I don't consider my feet to be overly wide.

got spin?
07-25-2011, 06:59 PM
I have worn all the CB line in just about every colorway. and in ever size from 12-14 and I still find the 2.3 to make the others feel awful. BRING BACK THE 2.3!!!!

bryanalban
07-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Thanks for all the great info.

What is the length like on the CB 2.3's? Is it true to size or do you need to go up one size?

I noticed that TW still has some CB 2.3's one sale, so I thought I would order a pair, since you guys seem to like them better then the CB 3.3's.

PaulFCB
07-26-2011, 01:13 PM
I just received my CB 3.3 ( Blue + White :D ) and I can say it really fits nice, comfortable shows. Would go for a run tomorrow.

bryanalban
07-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Just wondering, did you have the 2.3's before getting your 3.3's? Do the 2.3's fit true to size, or do I need to go up a size?

PaulFCB
07-27-2011, 01:15 PM
I didn't have 2.3 but I doubt you need to go up a size.
My size is UK 10 that is equivalent to US 11 and EU 45 @ Nike and 10 1/2 US and 45 2/3 for Adidas and it's like my lower possible limit ( and it's only 1/3 EU size difference ), all I can say is the best you can do is try them out, everyone has a different feel depending on their feet even if of the same size I guess.

purple-n-gold
07-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Barricade 6 is a much better shoe all around than the 3.3 for me. Worn Nike for a few years, vapors, breathes, 1.3s.. and these 3.3s are the most uncomfortable pair by far..pos! I should have got the vapors!

Pinkskunk
07-28-2011, 06:58 AM
CB3.3

i am curios as to why not getting a 1/2 size bigger? would that help with the narrow toe area?

i did a question like this before and most people chose not to go the bigger but rather stick with their size and patiently and painfully break it in and then they are happy afterward......

Roddick85
07-28-2011, 07:25 AM
Got 2 pairs of CB3.3. They are very uncomfortable during the break-in period, but once this is over, I find them to be the best shoes i've had. The increased stability is very appreciated and they still feel light in my opinion.