PDA

View Full Version : Racquet advice? (switching from Tour 95)

RichieTenenbaumFan
07-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm a 3.5, and I play maybe a few times a month. I'm currently playing with a Wilson Tour 95. I'm looking to switch to a racquet with these qualities:

Head light
<= 11.2 oz
More power on the serve and groundstrokes than the Tour 95
Slices are equivalent to the Tour 95.
Fits a baseline game.
Control on the volleys

Does anyone have any recommendations? I've tried the Babolat AeroPro Drive GT, but I don't like its effect on slices. I've also tried the Pure Drive GT and the Roddick, but volleys are bit difficult to control and the latter is too heavy. I was thinking of demo'ing the Pure Drive Lite GT and the Head YOUTEK IG Instinct. Any other racquets I should consider? I've also never had elbow problems, if that info helps. Thanks!

TheOneHander
07-25-2011, 07:17 PM
It's a bit heavier than your weight range, but the Aero Storm GT sounds pretty good. It's firm up at net and has a bit of extra power, while having enough solidity to hit some nice skidders. However, you'll lose a bit of that sweet slicing action that you get from heavier racquets. Very much worth a demo, though.

Another racquet worth a try is the BLX Blade 98. It has nice pop and good access to spin, and it just bullies the ball. Very worthy frame to demo.

vincent_tennis
07-25-2011, 10:57 PM
- Same Head Size
- Tad over your target weight (strung) = 11.5oz
- Swings lighter (its only 308[Swingweight])
- You may want to replace the synthetic grip with a leather one:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Biomimetic_200_Lite/descpageRCDUNLOP-DB2HL.html

Good luck :)

RichieTenenbaumFan
07-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Thanks guys. Your racquet recommendations are ones I hadn't even thought about. I think I may also try to demo the Head YOUTEK Instinct, although it is extremely ugly.