PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Question

dak95_00
07-25-2011, 03:31 PM
I just purchased a pair of shoes that came w/ a 6 month warranty. They will not survive the 6 months!

As a matter of fact, they already failed on the 2nd day. The bottom sole on the heel has two types of rubber and the outside rubber on the inside of the heel just peeled right off. It doesn't affect play and I have no other shoes so I am waiting to send them back after my season slows down in a month.

My questions:

How does the warranty work? I'll get another pair of shoes. Will these shoes be guaranteed too for 6 months? If so, this would seem to be a neverending cycle of free shoe; wouldn't it?

If not, would I be better of to send these shoes now as to get a refund or new pair that is warranteed? They aren't even a week old and now there are two places where the heel rubber is gone; outside and inside. I must be hard on shoes. I'm 5'9" and 170 lbs. That's not too big is it?

got spin?
07-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Well, it all depends on the shoe company really. Most shoe companies clearly state that the "Outsole must be worn through to the upper layers of the shoe." It does not say any thing about rubber being torn of or fallen of or ripped. Adidas is very lenient with there returns, Nike is ALOT pickier with theirs. Im not sure about other companies. Go ahead and try, if the dont qualify, theyll send them back to you. Maybe itll work. maybe not

dak95_00
07-25-2011, 03:46 PM
They are Prince shoes. I should take a picture to show what I mean. The rubber has completely broken off. It is showing the plastic it was glued to. Regardless, the rest of the rubber will be worn down to the inner portion of the shoe before I'm finished w/ them.

My CB2.3s only lasted me two months but I stupidly bought them in the winter when I couldn't play. I don't play indoors.

got spin?
07-25-2011, 03:54 PM
I dont buy any other shoe than Nike and Adidas. All other shoe fail in terms of durability. Other companies just cant stand up to adidas and nike who have been making shoes for half a century.

dak95_00
07-25-2011, 04:01 PM
I just wasn't impressed w/ the CB2.3 as it wore out very quickly. Granted, it didn't fall apart but my last shoes were Nike and very inexpensive and they lasted a long, long time. I wanted to try something different.

gunnd5000
08-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I dont buy any other shoe than Nike and Adidas. All other shoe fail in terms of durability. Other companies just cant stand up to adidas and nike who have been making shoes for half a century.

Pro Pulse 1s by babolat were fine, their other shoes eh not so much